Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Caps06

Easton cx shoulders

Anybody have any idea how protective these are, there on clearance for really cheap and look light as well as low profile but as someone who has shoulder issues they don't look that protective.  (My cls are falling apart). Any insight as to how they play and sizing compared to ccm cls would be great!

I bought the 9.0 (step down) and was unimpressed. They pads and materials felt cheap, the hybrid should caps did not fit me well and were pulling apart when I received them. I sent them back and got the Vapor X100. In my opinion, these are far superior and were only $10 more.  Also, they were "lower profile" than the Easton's

22 minutes ago, tpedersen3118 said:

I bought the 9.0 (step down) and was unimpressed. They pads and materials felt cheap, the hybrid should caps did not fit me well and were pulling apart when I received them. I sent them back and got the Vapor X100. In my opinion, these are far superior and were only $10 more.  Also, they were "lower profile" than the Easton's

Looks like I'll be getting the x100s or the apx2s, any ideas as to how these fit vs the reebok 16ks or the ccm cls?

32 minutes ago, Caps06 said:Looks like I'll be getting the x100s or the apx2s, any ideas as to how these fit vs the reebok 16ks or the ccm cls?

I looked at the 16k's, they are a nice pad. Jofa design caps too. The only reason I went with x100 was the color over the 16k or APX2 was the black and grey won't show the sweat stains like white will. 

1 hour ago, tpedersen3118 said:

I looked at the 16k's, they are a nice pad. Jofa design caps too. The only reason I went with x100 was the color over the 16k or APX2 was the black and grey won't show the sweat stains like white will. 

I previously had the 16ks and wasn't too impressed, switched over to cls but they are falling apart, from what I have seen is that the x100s are basically the same pad as the apx2s

I thoroughly enjoyed my Easton CX pads.  They were protective enough for my purposes and very mobile.  I liked the adjustable shoulder caps and the segmented bicep guards.  Two of my teammates are currently in the C9.0s and like them just as much as I do.

5 hours ago, Caps06 said:

I previously had the 16ks and wasn't too impressed, switched over to cls but they are falling apart, from what I have seen is that the x100s are basically the same pad as the apx2s

X100 is a good pad. I'm sure they will do the job well

3 hours ago, syinx said:

I thoroughly enjoyed my Easton CX pads.  They were protective enough for my purposes and very mobile.  I liked the adjustable shoulder caps and the segmented bicep guards.  Two of my teammates are currently in the C9.0s and like them just as much as I do.

I have broad shoulders (46-48R suit coat), even with an XL pad I had to move the shoulder cap out. I just couldn't get them to fit properly. One positive from what I saw was the amount of airflow if looked like they would allow.

x100's in an XL were perfect for me, although I do wish they had a little more breath ability 

4 hours ago, syinx said:

Any idea as to how they would fair in very competitive full contact hockey?

21 hours ago, syinx said:

I wear the Easton CX 9.0 shoulder pads and liked them too. They are protective enough and low profile.  I found them not too bulky and lightweight. I liked the sternum protection how it absorbs impacts. I didn't take a shot there but got some accidental stick slashes there and didn't even feel it. One was dman point shot and the stick followed through to my chest, it was hard and I didn't feel it.

They were comfortable for me and I felt very mobile in them. I have a broad shoulders if that helps any. I use them for shinny purposes now. 

On 6/24/2016 at 9:51 AM, Caps06 said:

Any idea as to how they would fair in very competitive full contact hockey?

Seems to work just fine for us.  One of the leagues I play for is an incredibly fast-paced, full contact hockey.  I've taken some proper hits in them and felt fine.  Like I said.  Works well enough for us.