Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scoracek

Will a visor fit on a medium CCM FitLite 40?

Hi everyone, I'm relatively new to actually playing hockey and buying equipment so bear with me. 

I went the cheap route and bought a size Medium CCM FitLite 40 helmet/cage combo a few months ago to play hockey with, I put off playing for a while (school/work) so I never really got a chance to wear it in a game situation. I just joined a league at a local sports arena and its a pain in the ass to have sweat all over my face and not be able to wipe it off without undoing everything (don't want to go cageless or shield less), so I was wondering if a half shield would fit on this particular helmet?

It says in the specs for the helmet that it is     compatible with most visors but whenever I look at a visor compatability chart (Oakley, Bauer, etc.), my helmet isn't listed, so I don't want to waste money buying online for something that isn't going to fit.

Today I was at a proshop and they had a Tron  visor but it was too big for the helmet, the guy had to bend it to try and fit it with the screws and it bowed a lot and left a ton of open room at the top, so that didnt work out. Sucks because it was the only visor they had in-stock and it was only $30. Hope I'm not out of luck on this cause I can't return the helmet.  

Any help or visor suggestions (if possible) would be       greatfully appreciated!

If you are new, and are playing against other people that are new, I'd recommend keeping the cage on. It isn't that hard to slide it up (if worn a smidgen loose), or to undo two snaps to wipe down your face. It will take a lot less time than an ER trip would take due to someone that can't control their stick and gets you in the face/mouth.

I agree to keep the cage and get a skull cap to keep the sweat out of your eyes. I use one by under armor that works great even in the summertime.

+1

IMO it's not worth getting busted lips, or even worse, broken teeth.

Don't be that guy always trying to give to the team 70% in efforts and 100% in looks... so you have a sweaty face, your mates won't mind.

I have a shield on my coaching helmet, and it seems like every time I've just about talked myself into wearing it during games someone smashes me in the face with their stick and I remember why I wear my fishbowl.