Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scottswenson2

CAD and 2016-2017 Price Increases

I am doing a little research on the effects of the fall of the CAD in 2014 and 2015 and what that means for the price of hockey equipment for potential article. We know from public filings that Bauer's profitability has suffered due to the CAD fall (amongst other things). We can assume CCM (reebok) is feeling the same pain. These companies source much of their goods from China via USD dollar denominated contracts. I am curious if any retailers or consumers can comment on observed price changes in the Canadian market (i.e. MSRP) as a result of this currency fluctuations. It is my impression that manufacturers were unable to push through price increases last year (too late to react due to lead times) and that they are trying to make up for it this year. I know things like skates are not exactly comparable due to model changes and we now see C$999 top price point for both brands.

1 hour ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

The paint for the new graphics package is expensive

Well, yeah. It's like cars, right? Those graphics add like 10 horsepower. Definitely worth the money. Lol.