Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

decoy

2016-2017 Gear Sightings

12 minutes ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

Rumor has it there's a few other big names following suit as well. 

All Bauer boys switching over?

13 hours ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

Rumor has it there's a few other big names following suit as well. 

only time will tell if it will be a mass exodus but....

probably going to need this to save everyone time posting in this thread this year.   #oldschoolmodsquad #nopaynoplay

insert player name switches from _ _ _ _ _ to (choose 1) Warrior/CCM/TRUE/STX  

2 hours ago, PMurphy17 said:

only time will tell if it will be a mass exodus but....

probably going to need this to save everyone time posting in this thread this year.   #oldschoolmodsquad #nopaynoplay

insert player name switches from _ _ _ _ _ to (choose 1) Warrior/CCM/TRUE/STX  

Hey, they could switch to Easton or Itech... Wait a minute...

This is just the cycle of things. Company starts out small, as the underdog, eventually gains steam with good/great product and advertising, merges with other brands, becomes bigger and bigger until, if management isn't careful, it all blows up in their faces. If PSG can't save itself in its current state, they'll either a) Go away, b) Get bought out, or c) Downsize drastically (à la IBM).

Either way this will prove interesting to see what the sponsored athletes do.

PSG is in enough problem, but if they keep paying players to wear their stuff, the players will. Many however prefer Bauer and will wear that with or without endorsement deals. Just like Graf skates, they have not been into endorsements, and now they basically gone, but quite a few pros around the world still have Graf skates on. PSG troubles does open however doors for their competitor to start poaching players into the endorsements and that will show in the upcoming season.   

On 8/20/2016 at 2:14 PM, noodle3872 said:

I think the gear shown was just stock gear that was on-hand and not what Hall will be playing when he gears up for the Devils.

The (main) reason for this is CCM has the main advertising deal with the NHL, so any promotional images that can be staged must use CCM gear.

6 hours ago, JGraz15 said:

No pump anymore?

I'm pretty sure they've been looking to get away from the pump for a while, it was just how they're gonna spin the move from a fit and education standpoint.

The biggest thing is that a pro level skate should be fit properly to the point that an adjustment mechanism serves no purpose, but it was great for the casual or rec skaters that wanted a cheap skate that fit well, a la the pump to full customize it. 

We'll see how they promote it

On 8/26/2016 at 10:18 AM, TitanG said:

Hey, they could switch to Easton or Itech... Wait a minute...

This is just the cycle of things. Company starts out small, as the underdog, eventually gains steam with good/great product and advertising, merges with other brands, becomes bigger and bigger until, if management isn't careful, it all blows up in their faces. If PSG can't save itself in its current state, they'll either a) Go away, b) Get bought out, or c) Downsize drastically (à la IBM).

Either way this will prove interesting to see what the sponsored athletes do.

About the only part that you got right is that Bauer Hockey started out small...........in 1927.

2 hours ago, Stryker said:

I'm pretty sure they've been looking to get away from the pump for a while, it was just how they're gonna spin the move from a fit and education standpoint.

The biggest thing is that a pro level skate should be fit properly to the point that an adjustment mechanism serves no purpose, but it was great for the casual or rec skaters that wanted a cheap skate that fit well, a la the pump to full customize it. 

We'll see how they promote it

It will be interesting to see how they market it. I agree that the pump doesn't add much if the skate fits correctly. I did have early CCM pump skates 20 years ago when I first started tying my own skates. As a little kid who sometimes struggled to get them quite tight enough, it was helpful.

I do like the lace lock, but if you don't actually use it to tighten the top and bottom differently I can see how it would just be a nuisance.

As an avid in-game retie-er of skates, I found the lace-lock to be very useful. Easier to snug up the top 3 eyelets than to snug up the whole lacing pattern. Lace-lock is one of the biggest things I miss about not being in CCM/Reebok skates these days.

15 hours ago, yu1111116 said:

qVbl1nl.jpg

Does Crosby normally miss what looks like the top two eyelets? Maybe these are the retail model stiffness he's using for the promo

For a long time, Crosby has skipped the second from the top. Duchene on the other hand, used to skip the top. Now he skips all but the one Crosby skips among the top three.

Personal opinion; This skate looks like a cosmetic hybrid of the last three Supreme skates in one, minus the Supreme yellow.

20 hours ago, chippa13 said:

As an avid in-game retie-er of skates, I found the lace-lock to be very useful. Easier to snug up the top 3 eyelets than to snug up the whole lacing pattern. Lace-lock is one of the biggest things I miss about not being in CCM/Reebok skates these days.

You can easily install lace-locks on any skate, it's just screwed on, you don't need ccm/reebok skates.

New Ribcore stick coming in fall. Hopefully it will be available with a p28 curve.

I was waiting for this reveal and i'm sadly very disappointed. That jersey is hideous... gold... really? I have to look at this trash 12 times this year.

20 hours ago, chippa13 said:

Also, the need in re-tieing the boot comes from one of the drawbacks of typical shoelace knot. As we all know that it can be made tighter by pulling on the loops, but it also is made tighter by pulling on the shoelaces that lead to the knot. When you skate or walk, the shoelaces leading tot he knot are under tension and over a relatively short time, they pull themselves back out of the knot making the knot tighter and the lacing pattern looser (reduce tension). If you attach the add-on lacelock in the second from the top set of eyelets, the pattern will pull from the lacelock and it is not going to get much out of it. Quite likely, after that, you might not be needing to retie your shoes anymore during the game or at least significantly reduce the need.  There is also an inter-locking lacing pattern that can be implemented to simulate the lace lock. I have posted a video in the "lace Pattern" thread which shows how to use it for the whole thing, which helps to address some other problems with lacing, but for a lace-lock simulation as described above, you can implement it only in the top part of the skate. Here is the diagram which shows the pattern as well as the "bite" points which prevent the lace pattern to pull the lace from the knot. Other benefit from using this, is as you pull the ends to tie your boot, the lace actually does not retract back into the boot after you done pulling. It is kind of one way valve for the lace. Obvious inconvenience of this is that, it is rather tricky to loosen the pattern as it will stay tight after you undo the knot.  You'd need to grab the laces that go from the third to the top eyelets, below the bite pint and pull the lace out. Or you can pull the 4th-eyelet to 2-nd eyelet lines and pull them straight up (pretty hard). You can add this bit of a pattern to the middle where it will simulate the typical Ribcor lace-lock. Going over vs under at the "bite" point, will reverse the "one way valve". The way as shown, it will allow to make tight below it and looser above, if reversed, yuo can have looser pattern below and tighter at the top (helpful if your skates fail pencil test and you do not want to apply too much pressure to your instep). .. Anyway, just something, i use to help me with absence of lace-lockers on my skates. Note that this works best with cheap cotton laces, waxed laces are a lot harder to unlock from this. 

lacing.jpg

7 minutes ago, Bakum said:

I was waiting for this reveal and i'm sadly very disappointed. That jersey is hideous... gold... really? I have to look at this trash 12 times this year.

I wonder what "away" uniform looks like. Orange base with gold looks to me even worse than this... 

5 minutes ago, Kgbeast said:

I wonder what "away" uniform looks like. Orange base with gold looks to me even worse than this... 

It certainly would. I don't think they have a orange variant of this.(Thank god) Technically their Whites are road uni's but considering this design, I imagine we'll see it on home ice with the exception of the outdoor game.

On 8/30/2016 at 0:30 AM, yu1111116 said:

from CCM skill App video. Looks like 70K.

No lace lock and Pump system??

qVbl1nl.jpg

This one looks like Ribcor 40K to me except with replaceable blades. :).