Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

decoy

2016-2017 Gear Sightings

5 hours ago, JSK81 said:

Clown shoes was my first thought as well. I wonder if it's a joke or something; "look at how ugly design I came up with this time!"

Definitely not joke. You can see them sticking out like a sore thumb if you watch a game on TV. You probably can catch a glimpse of them tonight if you watch WCOH tournament. 

16 minutes ago, Kgbeast said:

Definitely not joke. You can see them sticking out like a sore thumb if you watch a game on TV. You probably can catch a glimpse of them tonight if you watch WCOH tournament. 

I know they're real. I just can't understand how anybody would want their skates looking like that.

3 minutes ago, JSK81 said:

I know they're real. I just can't understand how anybody would want their skates looking like that.

When I first saw them on TV, I thought that that was pretty cool. Kind of like sneakers looking skates. But after this close-up popped up, I got a name for them - Buff-UGLY-ns. 

17 hours ago, JSK81 said:

Most players have been indoctrinated that skates should be black. So anything out of the norm is too much to some. I wish there were more colored or crazy designed skates.

21 hours ago, JSK81 said:

So he had a special pair with his nation's colors made for this special international event. Get over it.

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 6:04 AM, JSK81 said:

Clown shoes was my first thought as well. I wonder if it's a joke or something; "look at how ugly design I came up with this time!"

Beware, your comments have been noticed by the VH police and you are in violation of section c article 2 of the code which states "one should not believe a VH made skate is anything but the most beautiful skate on the market"

On September 22, 2016 at 6:04 AM, JSK81 said:

No surprise, VH are probably the ugliest skates out there, those are the teal ones in the other thread, meh. But they could be purple for all i care, if they were available at a retail level and they fit me, id probably buy them. 

8 hours ago, All Flash said:

Most players have been indoctrinated that skates should be black. So anything out of the norm is too much to some. I wish there were more colored or crazy designed skates.

Looks on  skate is really only relevant for a short time anyway. Once you use them on the regular they get beat to hell. 

53 minutes ago, icewalker_bg said:

No surprise, VH are probably the ugliest skates out there, those are the teal ones in the other thread, meh. But they could be purple for all i care, if they were available at a retail level and they fit me, id probably buy them. 

It is the rounded bottom and "organic" shaped toe box so it fits the toes better...  The price of monococue construction is part of the less than pretty looks. This makes me remember something that has nothing to do with VH skates, but I feel the desire to share... 

1.jpg

monococue fiber construction boots known as "Valenky" in Russian. Used to be (might be still) a popular choice for kids broomball shoe in Russia. Distinction of russian broomball is that it is called street hockey as it is played with hockey puck and hockey sticks. This beaut (not!) serves as a shin-guard and a boot that can absorb a slap-shot without causing a discomfort. "Something that is called "fufaika" would protect upper body from pucks and cross-checks. If you get puck in a knee or face, there will be a lots of pain, but these are small targets that are hard to hit.   

9 hours ago, Coldclay said:

Is that Toews in CCM RBZ elbows? I thought he's all Bauer Supreme kinda guy...

Endorsed players' deals are on visible equipment.  Not protective.

1 hour ago, icewalker_bg said:

What about it? 

And Sids equipement is most probably from 2005. 

Not sure why this pic is in here, but the stick's toe looks bizarre.