Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

decoy

2016-2017 Gear Sightings

On 10/16/2016 at 10:00 AM, tvuollo said:

Jesse Puljujärvi with Bauer 1N gloves and a CCM Ribcor Trigger stick. I guess now that he doesn't have to use Warrior anymore like he had to in Finland he's experimenting with different sticks.

Don't teams have deals with manufacturers to be their "default" gear vendor so to speak? Some have CCM, some have Bauer. It might just be a matter of the gear that was on hand. Bauer might just be their stock equipment, so thus Bauer pants, helmet, and gloves.

21 minutes ago, Troubadour said:

Don't teams have deals with manufacturers to be their "default" gear vendor so to speak? Some have CCM, some have Bauer. It might just be a matter of the gear that was on hand. Bauer might just be their stock equipment, so thus Bauer pants, helmet, and gloves.

Only if they have an endorsement deal. Though in some cases they're just trying new things out. 

On 10/16/2016 at 1:35 AM, SirJW said:

So the moral is Easton Sticks are the only branded items left in the NHL.?

Yes, I believe that is correct. Makes sense now that Easton hockey is dead. 

54 minutes ago, Troubadour said:

No.  In the lower leagues, CCM is the official equipment supplier, but not in the NHL.

56 minutes ago, JR Boucicaut said:

No.  In the lower leagues, CCM is the official equipment supplier, but not in the NHL.

How does that work exactly?  I've read varying takes on if players are actually "obligated" to use CCM in the AHL (for example), or if they can use other brands.

I was at the Providence game the other night, and noticed while almost every player had CCM helmets and gloves.  There were a few players, that had Bauer skates, or Warrior sticks (for example).

These were guys that were probably going to spend the season with their respective AHL team.  I was just curious in regards to the logistics of the CCM contract with the AHL (or other leagues) as there seems to be some gray area on the subject.  Thanks!

39 minutes ago, OzziesDad said:

How does that work exactly?  I've read varying takes on if players are actually "obligated" to use CCM in the AHL (for example), or if they can use other brands.

I was at the Providence game the other night, and noticed while almost every player had CCM helmets and gloves.  There were a few players, that had Bauer skates, or Warrior sticks (for example).

These were guys that were probably going to spend the season with their respective AHL team.  I was just curious in regards to the logistics of the CCM contract with the AHL (or other leagues) as there seems to be some gray area on the subject.  Thanks!

I believe all of the equipment must be CCM (Helmet, Pants, Gloves) Skates are open to what the player wants.  Sticks 3 players are allowed to use another brand each team will decide that as they see fit. I have seen some teams with more than 3 players using other brands then CCM I believe they are just fined for that not 100% sure.  

I am also not 100% sure how goalies are factored in with their pads and if they are allowed to use other brands or if 1 goalie must use CCM.

Sometimes you will see a player sent down for example Mike Richards was down with the Monarchs and he was in all of his Bauer gear some of it was blacked out some of it wasn't.

Pretty much that sums it up. I thought it might have been 5 players could use stick of choice but it isn't many.

Last year that LL was part of NJ organization, his son had something to do with Albany. They let the whole team use whatever sticks and just paid the fine- per former player

6 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

How CCM got that gig?

4 hours ago, OldCY said:

Pretty much that sums it up. I thought it might have been 5 players could use stick of choice but it isn't many.

Last year that LL was part of NJ organization, his son had something to do with Albany. They let the whole team use whatever sticks and just paid the fine- per former player

NJ didn't sign the deal. 

6 hours ago, Kgbeast said:

How CCM got that gig?

They've had it for a while, at least back to the early 2000s I believe. They pay for it, either with cash or reduced price/free gear for teams.  

They have a similar deal in the USHL, but even more exclusive.  In the USHL players must use CCM everything but skates, including sticks.  

8 hours ago, the iceman said:

I've noticed that those that still wear the Easton helmets, have the wordmark taken off.

Parise is still using Easton gloves but the Easton log is gone from the cuff 

22 hours ago, strosedefence34 said:

I believe all of the equipment must be CCM (Helmet, Pants, Gloves) Skates are open to what the player wants.  Sticks 3 players are allowed to use another brand each team will decide that as they see fit. I have seen some teams with more than 3 players using other brands then CCM I believe they are just fined for that not 100% sure.  

I am also not 100% sure how goalies are factored in with their pads and if they are allowed to use other brands or if 1 goalie must use CCM.

Sometimes you will see a player sent down for example Mike Richards was down with the Monarchs and he was in all of his Bauer gear some of it was blacked out some of it wasn't.

I believe there are also exceptions based on type of NHL contract and/or length of NHL service.

10 hours ago, JSK81 said:

Jussi Jokinen still using Easton gloves with the wordmark.

Asking Jussi Jokinen to do anything with his gloves is next to impossible I feel like haha.

James Neal was wearing his old Easton-branded gloves too according to a picture the NHL just put on their Instagram.

Those two pairs of gloves is why teams shouldn't be allowed to wear to a solid color glove. Looks so much better when different colors are worked into the gloves