Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

decoy

2016-2017 Gear Sightings

33 minutes ago, Kgbeast said:

Have not noticed until now that the penguin wears figure skates....

Look like Clown Shoes* to me... 

* Goal Skates

44 minutes ago, Zac911 said:

Look like Clown Shoes* to me... 

* Goal Skates

Agreed. Skate blade holders looked like that when the logo was created. However, as they have a flat blade and look "chunky", they definitely look like goalie skates.

1 hour ago, Kgbeast said:

Have not noticed until now that the penguin wears figure skates....

Nah. Figure skates have heels. They look more like 1930's hockey skates.

normal.jpg?1291331719

37 minutes ago, DarkStar50 said:

^^^ CCM ProLite blades.....yes, I sharpened those back in the day.....

"In my day, hotdogs cost a nickel!"

-DarkStar50

27 minutes ago, Monty22 said:

-DarkStar50

8 hours ago, Monty22 said:

-DarkStar50

$4 for a Victoriaville Pro stick or $3.50 for a Northland Custom Pro stick, Lie 6, Curve Left.

15 hours ago, Larry54 said:

Nah. Figure skates have heels. They look more like 1930's hockey skates.

normal.jpg?1291331719

The skates I first tried to skate on about 35 years ago looked like this, but with the rear part of the holder not curling up (we called them "Dooticky" or "Dooty")... these had as much ankle support as my dress shoes. We used to insert a piece of linoleum to wrap the ankle and tendon and extend the height of the boot by about 3-4 inches, then tie laces and wrap them around the sticking up linoleum 3 times. This would make for a pretty supportive boot for about 15 minutes, then youd have to retie again. Better skates had the rear curve like in the pic and a plastic cap on the rear tip of the holder. They also had a somewhat stiffer boot, these were called "Kanadky" which is from word Canada. Figure skates had the best support and basically were the same as today's figure skates, I was lucky to have a pair for a short time until my foot outgrown it. As for "real" hockey skates back then, in my hometown, I have seeing them only in semi-pro local games and  on TV, watching VHL and IHL games (today's equivalent of those probably be  KHL and IIHL). Thanks for the post, it brought back some fun memories as you can see. 

On 12/1/2016 at 3:25 AM, BucksAway said:

Not sure if this is actually the pro's sticks (guessing its just the new curve names )

No more Stamkos PM9 or curve at all? I wonder why.

5 minutes ago, TitanG said:

No more Stamkos PM9 or curve at all? I wonder why.

Unless I'm misunderstanding, it looks like it was renamed to Larkin

itd probably be incredibly confusing if they renamed the p9 to the larkin and then renamed another curve stamkos.

18 minutes ago, Stewie said:

itd probably be incredibly confusing if they renamed the p9 to the larkin and then renamed another curve stamkos.

I still get confused when people reference the Zetterberg curve, and they don't mean the Easton version that hasn't existed for at least 5 years. 

Ovechkin P08 to P92 was annoying. I just ignore the names and refer to the numbers. 

I wonder if dropping Stamkos had anything to do with the bankruptcy and its potential impact on endorsements. He's always been head to toe Bauer.