Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

decoy

2016-2017 Gear Sightings

45 minutes ago, Cavs019 said:

Ovechkin P08 to P92 was annoying. I just ignore the names and refer to the numbers. 

I wonder if dropping Stamkos had anything to do with the bankruptcy and its potential impact on endorsements. He's always been head to toe Bauer. 

There was a fear about 3-4 years ago that Stamkos was going to leave.  He wanted significantly more money than they could pay at the time.  They worked it out;  however,  with their recent troubles I am not surprised to see this at all.  If he had been in what they refer to as an A Market it might have been a different story.

Injury woes could have been a factor. If you're going to tie your company to a name then you want that name on the ice and not in the pressbox.

12 hours ago, Zac911 said:

There was a fear about 3-4 years ago that Stamkos was going to leave.  He wanted significantly more money than they could pay at the time.  They worked it out;  however,  with their recent troubles I am not surprised to see this at all.  If he had been in what they refer to as an A Market it might have been a different story.

Stamkos will be 27 in Feb. Bauer is investing what dollars they have available in young players (18-23). And yes the market (Toronto etc) is a top factor in the equation. Kane and Toews are the exceptions with age because of their status and market. Matthews and Eichel will be the 2 players front and center for years to come. There are only so many players that you can highlight in marketing campaigns. The Gaudreau loss had to be tough to swallow. The financial ask was too high to pay. At some point you have to walk away and use those resources elsewhere. 

Bauer can't afford to compensate (cash) the likes of Stamos, Giroux, Carter, Kopitar, Staal, etc. And for those players at this point in their careers, money is no concern. They can use Bauer or kick the tires elsewhere. It's the lifecycle of endorsed athletes. 

9 hours ago, Staal111218 said:

Stamkos will be 27 in Feb. Bauer is investing what dollars they have available in young players (18-23). And yes the market (Toronto etc) is a top factor in the equation. Kane and Toews are the exceptions with age because of their status and market. Matthews and Eichel will be the 2 players front and center for years to come. There are only so many players that you can highlight in marketing campaigns. The Gaudreau loss had to be tough to swallow. The financial ask was too high to pay. At some point you have to walk away and use those resources elsewhere. 

Bauer can't afford to compensate (cash) the likes of Stamos, Giroux, Carter, Kopitar, Staal, etc. And for those players at this point in their careers, money is no concern. They can use Bauer or kick the tires elsewhere. It's the lifecycle of endorsed athletes. 

Not sure if this was addressed, but why not put Matthews on the PM9? Better market and higher profile player than Larkin.

5 hours ago, AIREAYE said:

Not sure if this was addressed, but why not put Matthews on the PM9? Better market and higher profile player than Larkin.

No idea why Larkin was chosen? Had to be market driven. He's the best Red Wing Bauer has had over a long period of time. Ovechkin's deal expires after the season - maybe Matthews takes the P92? 

On 12/5/2016 at 6:22 AM, DarkStar50 said:

Malkin for a minute.

I'll see your guys 'Modano' curve timeline and raise you it will always be the 'Leetch' pattern to me before I call it Lidstrom!

I used to rotate the Leetch, Sakic II (which was a straight heel wedge looking thing IIRC), and the Joby Messier which was basically the equivalent of a butcher knife that got stuck under a door.

Good times. 

3 hours ago, the_game said:

I'll see your guys 'Modano' curve timeline and raise you it will always be the 'Leetch' pattern to me before I call it Lidstrom!

I'll take that "Leetch" and raise you a Titan ASD 9000 Gilmour.

51 minutes ago, DarkStar50 said:

I'll take that "Leetch" and raise you a Titan ASD 9000 Gilmour.

I begged and pleaded with my dad to buy me one. I finally got one for christmas that year. Shame I'd stopped playing hockey by then... lol. 

I think Tver was P20, Desjardins P37, Bure P10, Lindros P88, Clark P71 :ph34r:

Bure IIRC was not the P10/Shanny of today, more of a deeper P88. 

Vapor 4 blades with the weird rubber on the tenon + Easton Griplite was the weapon of choice back in the day...

Tverdosky bauer 3030(?) blade with an Easton Grip Lite shaft was my jam!

God do I miss the old variety of curves we had back in the day.

I managed to snag a 'Fluery' Titan replacement blade over the summer Darkstar, you'd get a kick out of that one! 

I had a blue Titan Gilmour blade I tried to sell on ebay for years. I think I may have thrown it away with the Titan Forsberg and the Louisville Lafontaine Locjaw blades.

11 hours ago, Cavs019 said:

Vapor 4 blades with the weird rubber on the tenon + Easton Griplite was the weapon of choice back in the day...

The Bure was a beautiful, mild mid curve, not what I would describe as deep at all. The first iteration of the Iginla was the closest I ever found to it.

You're right. Clark was the deep mid.

It's shame all we see now are the same mid/toe curves tweaked slightly across the board. Great options back then, particularly for us heel guys. 

1 hour ago, Cavs019 said:

You're right. Clark was the deep mid.

It's shame all we see now are the same mid/toe curves tweaked slightly across the board. Great options back then, particularly for us heel guys. 

this is why I've stocked up on enough P89 pattern replacement blades to survive the apocalypse.

15 hours ago, Cavs019 said:

Harpoon System?