Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

decoy

2016-2017 Gear Sightings

18 minutes ago, Zac911 said:

Harpoon System?

Back in my day when we walked to school uphill both ways and had 12 TV channels Bauer had this crazy idea to not use glue on their replacement blades and instead had these rubber teeth on the tendon so the replacement blade would fit. As you can imagine it was so successful everyone would tape over the rubber teeth and you instantly became the most popular kid in the locker room if you had a heat gun and hot glue stick.

The 90's were a wild time!

10 minutes ago, the_game said:

Back in my day when we walked to school uphill both ways and had 12 TV channels Bauer had this crazy idea to not use glue on their replacement blades and instead had these rubber teeth on the tendon so the replacement blade would fit. As you can imagine it was so successful everyone would tape over the rubber teeth and you instantly became the most popular kid in the locker room if you had a heat gun and hot glue stick.

The 90's were a wild time!

I remember the rubber teeth.  My LHS still used glue with them though.  Maybe it was, because I was putting the blade into my Easton Ultralite

Everyone used glue with them. Otherwise, there would be just that little bit of play in the blade connection. At least that was better than the Louisville Lock-Jaw system.

12 hours ago, chippa13 said:

Or we could just put an end to this walk down memory lane and get back on topic? :dry:

What does it matter? Bauer's well of creativity has dried up and CCM has all their new gear already seeded in the NHL. What's that leave ? Canadien 9001 Aluminum and Winnwell 2000 helmets as possible gear sightings these days.

5 hours ago, DarkStar50 said:

What does it matter? Bauer's well of creativity has dried up and CCM has all their new gear already seeded in the NHL. What's that leave ? Canadien 9001 Aluminum and Winnwell 2000 helmets as possible gear sightings these days.

That will fire up a few cubicles in Exeter.  I am sure it will make for some very spirited ping pong games in the activity room.  LOL.

36 minutes ago, Zac911 said:

That will fire up a few cubicles in Exeter.  I am sure it will make for some very spirited ping pong games in the activity room.  LOL.

The last company I worked for that went down the Bankruptcy road, the first thing that was 'confiscated' was the engineers ping pong table.

59 minutes ago, the_game said:

The last company I worked for that went down the Bankruptcy road, the first thing that was 'confiscated' was the engineers ping pong table.

It's the inevitable cycle isn't it?  Mgt runs the business into the gutter and takes it out on the wrong people.

15285031_1342281009125506_25683678082884

FINALLY. Orange accents on the gloves. Accents on the helmet are a nice touch as well. Love everything about the jersey overall, except maybe I'd add a white stripe to the sleeve.

I think that would have been too much white then. Think they're going for that stealthy look almost. If anything I think orange trim would look better with the numbers and a white stripe on the sleeve. Overall though, I love the jerseys. Been waiting a long time for the Flyers to bring back a good black jersey.

2 hours ago, EBondo said:

I think that would have been too much white then. Think they're going for that stealthy look almost. If anything I think orange trim would look better with the numbers and a white stripe on the sleeve. Overall though, I love the jerseys. Been waiting a long time for the Flyers to bring back a good black jersey.

Stealthy numbers and football stadium seating distances are not a good combination..

Meh...only slightly less ugly than what they wear on a regular basis. I do like the gloves though. I wish companies would go back to the white cuff roll.

On December 7, 2016 at 2:04 PM, Zac911 said:

Harpoon System?

What about the Easton Z-Wax!?! I used to use it in my Z-Bubble ( which I still have) with the Nike St.Paul curve blade 

I can't find a picture but Zaitsev is using a new Warrior stick tonight vs the Penguins. Looks like the it says Warrior "Alpha" on it....new successor to HD1 probably....

16 minutes ago, lennyboi said:

I can't find a picture but Zaitsev is using a new Warrior stick tonight vs the Penguins. Looks like the it says Warrior "Alpha" on it....new successor to HD1 probably....

:ph34r:

1 hour ago, lennyboi said:

You don't say......  Alpha????  Hmmmm......

7 hours ago, lennyboi said:

Alpha QX

2jbqesn.jpg