Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

decoy

2016-2017 Gear Sightings

A bit lame when the brand leader just decides to continue to use the same names for new product. But then I'm on the retail end of this so, yes, my perspective is a bit different than most when looking at new product against old product.

"Do you have the 1X stick, 87 flex, P88, righty in stock?"

"Which year?"

Do not have a pic, but from what I gather, Scott Hartnell has changed from RibCor to VH customs. In his VH first game against Pittsburgh Penguins he also got a hat trick. Columbus might be the highest VH skates per capita team. 

13 hours ago, DarkStar50 said:

A bit lame when the brand leader just decides to continue to use the same names for new product. But then I'm on the retail end of this so, yes, my perspective is a bit different than most when looking at new product against old product.

"Do you have the 1X stick, 87 flex, P88, righty in stock?"

"Which year?"

I find that most times if people know all those specs already, they'll give the year of the stick too, because they know there is a new one and an old one.

Then again, I'm from Canada so maybe people just get it more up here lol

36 minutes ago, Kgbeast said:

Do not have a pic, but from what I gather, Scott Hartnell has changed from RibCor to VH customs. In his VH first game against Pittsburgh Penguins he also got a hat trick. Columbus might be the highest VH skates per capita team. 

He did just switch before the Pens hat trick game. 

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/scott-hartnell-of-the-columbus-blue-jackets-shoots-the-puck-past-of-picture-id630477730

Hartnell, Murray, Bobrovsky, Sedlak, Nutivaara off the top. 

Saad using the new Warrior as well

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/columbus-blue-jackets-left-wing-brandon-saad-skating-during-first-of-picture-id630477796

On 12/23/2016 at 0:47 PM, chippa13 said:

APX2, RS II......

Like I said, I'm pretty forgetful, but like Darkstar said, it's kind of boring.

On 12/24/2016 at 1:13 PM, JGraz15 said:

Curtis McElhinney too I would assume according to the VH Hockey website.

3 hours ago, Kgbeast said:

Clarkson as well. I watch every Jackets game and I see VH skates pretty often.  

Who? <I tease>

On 12/24/2016 at 1:13 PM, JGraz15 said:

Replacing the Dynasty.

Looks fine for a practice jersey. Assuming a game jersey would be stitched and use the proper logos etc etc I don't mind the look of them.

Could do without the adidas striping up the sides, but that's not unexpected. I was hoping they'd just do the stripes on the back yoke where the reebok logo currently is. I have a few adidas t-shirts like that. 

11 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Looks fine for a practice jersey. Assuming a game jersey would be stitched and use the proper logos etc etc I don't mind the look of them.

Could do without the adidas striping up the sides, but that's not unexpected. I was hoping they'd just do the stripes on the back yoke where the reebok logo currently is. I have a few adidas t-shirts like that. 

Totally agree regarding the striping on the back instead of up the sides.  Not a big fan of those side stripes personally. 

4 minutes ago, the iceman said:

I would rather see the three stripes on a practice jersey than the game ones.

Agreed. Practice jerseys being mostly solid colors, some subtle branding looks nice. The three stripes are classic. If only Adidas had kept up its skate production, their incursion on the jersey scene might not seem so strange.

No issue at all with it like it is on the practice jerseys. Looks pretty good actually. I'm still holding out hope that it's a bit more subtle on the game jerseys, though.

I've reads Cramers analysis and have thought about this single jersey. I think it's a blank black practice jersey from the World Cup of Hockey that was customized as a Pens / Crosby. Nothing else. 

21 hours ago, SirJW said:

I've reads Cramers analysis and have thought about this single jersey. I think it's a blank black practice jersey from the World Cup of Hockey that was customized as a Pens / Crosby. Nothing else. 

Even with his update where his source confirmed it?

I never saw the listing before it was taken down. Did it say Made in Indonesia on the neck?

2 hours ago, Hills said:

Even with his update where his source confirmed it?

I never saw the listing before it was taken down. Did it say Made in Indonesia on the neck?

Sure, it's just my opinion as I have a few WCH jerseys and they are exactly alike. I'd think for the NHL they will have a new templet when they debut..