Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

decoy

2016-2017 Gear Sightings

13 minutes ago, EBondo said:

From what I'm gathering, this is also what happened when Reebok introduced the EDGE jersey. 07-08 shows only home/away jerseys, then thirds were reintroduced in 08-09.

Edit for link: http://www.nhluniforms.com/2007-08/2007-08.html

For some teams this is a shame (Bruins, Flames, Avalanche, Blue Jackets, Wild, Senators, Capitals). For others (Hurricanes, Oilers, Kings, Islanders, Rangers, Flyers, Sharks, Lightning, Canucks), this is very good news.

When you say "Flyers," I gather you're referring to their 50th anniversary jersey this year. In that case, I agree. But their 2012 WC jersey along with the Rangers alternates are two of the better ones I think.

8 minutes ago, Jamarquan said:

For some teams this is a shame (Bruins, Flames, Avalanche, Blue Jackets, Wild, Senators, Capitals). For others (Hurricanes, Oilers, Kings, Islanders, Rangers, Flyers, Sharks, Lightning, Canucks), this is very good news.

What? A bunch of those alternates are fantastic. Hurricanes is decent and probably better than their home/away, Oilers are solid throwbacks, Kings have 2 great alternates, Rangers anniversary ones are solid, Canucks alternates are both better than their home and away.

2 minutes ago, Hills said:

What? A bunch of those alternates are fantastic. Hurricanes is decent and probably better than their home/away, Oilers are solid throwbacks, Kings have 2 great alternates, Rangers anniversary ones are solid, Canucks alternates are both better than their home and away.

Agree to disagree? I like the Hurricanes jerseys, the Oilers throwbacks are ok but hurt to look at, the yellow Kings ones are awesome but rarely used, the grey is meh. I'll never admit the Rangers alts are good (even though they may be) because I'm an Islander fan, and the Canucks alts are the same as the home ones with different logos.

7 minutes ago, EBondo said:

When you say "Flyers," I gather you're referring to their 50th anniversary jersey this year. In that case, I agree. But their 2012 WC jersey along with the Rangers alternates are two of the better ones I think.

Yes, the 50th anniversary ones are bad, and the ones I was referring to. Their WC jersey is good, but I don't think they wear it anymore, however I could be wrong.

2 hours ago, Hills said:

Love the Kings purple/gold, but both the greys and the black/purple are awful. 

I guess they'll wait for fans to buy the new Adidas home or away jersey before releasing new 3rd jerseys. That way the ones who would have bought only the 3rd jersey but who immediately want an Adidas one will end up buying 2 jerseys.

So are we not able to discuss the new Vapor skates yet?  I saw a couple guys in them during the World Juniors and some other pics.

Probably better off not since there will be plenty that won't comprehend the "we can see but not say" rule until the official go ahead from Bauer and the thread will be littered with questions that can't be answered yet.

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 9:41 PM, Amiroo39 said:

69737C5C-2583-45E5-9679-43FF8AED9B6E_zps

Knit socks are making a comeback. 

I thought JR was making a comeback....

5 hours ago, chippa13 said:

Every time that I try to go back they just feel so thick.

Never not used them. I don't really feel a need to switch. 

33 minutes ago, the iceman said:

wayne-gretzky-of-the-st-louis-blues-cont

The cuffs are huge and the color of the Warrior name bar is not the same as the other yellow. This bothers me.

1 hour ago, Jamarquan said:

The cuffs are huge and the color of the Warrior name bar is not the same as the other yellow. This bothers me.

Cuffs are huge? Please tell me this isn' t the first pic you see of Gretzky playing hockey. The "other" yellow is meant to be that shade. 

2 hours ago, Amiroo39 said:

Cuffs are huge? Please tell me this isn' t the first pic you see of Gretzky playing hockey. The "other" yellow is meant to be that shade. 

care to guess how many MSHers probably never saw 99 play a game in his career? 1998-1999 was his final season. Scary thought......

17 minutes ago, DarkStar50 said:

care to guess how many MSHers probably never saw 99 play a game in his career? 1998-1999 was his final season. Scary thought......

For sure. But not watching him play live vs. never seeing a picture or clip of 99 in hockey gear is not the same! No? Just saying. 

7 hours ago, Amiroo39 said:

For sure. But not watching him play live vs. never seeing a picture or clip of 99 in hockey gear is not the same! No? Just saying. 

No worries. I'm with you because if you have never seen 99 in his work clothes, I don't know what planet you're from.