Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

decoy

2016-2017 Gear Sightings

10 hours ago, Amiroo39 said:

Cuffs are huge? Please tell me this isn' t the first pic you see of Gretzky playing hockey. The "other" yellow is meant to be that shade. 

No, but I did forget.

Ok. I still don't like it.

8 hours ago, DarkStar50 said:

care to guess how many MSHers probably never saw 99 play a game in his career? 1998-1999 was his final season. Scary thought......

Me. 

On 1/7/2017 at 9:41 PM, Amiroo39 said:

69737C5C-2583-45E5-9679-43FF8AED9B6E_zps

Knit socks are making a comeback. 

No idea why, I don't miss knit socks at all. They'd tear after a game or two and then just be in shreds by the end of a season.

17 hours ago, the iceman said:

wayne-gretzky-of-the-st-louis-blues-cont

Is that Baby Powder?  I believe so.  How would his Blue Holders look in that Uni.....  I think very right.

2 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

*all star jersey pic*

I like the idea of black white yellow and purple with it being in LA. Looks poorly executed though imo

9 hours ago, shooter27 said:

Yes its baby powder.  In his book years ago he talked about putting baby powder on his black tape to decrease the tackiness.

Correct, funny he still does it.  I did it as a kid too just because he did.  In fact, Locker rooms smelled pretty decent back then but sometimes got a little messy.

On 18/12/2016 at 5:06 AM, decoy said:

Alpha QX

2jbqesn.jpg

Anyone know the wax Marner uses on his tape? Saw him in ESPN but couldnt see the brand.  Or is it baby powder?! 

Looks different than other players.

13 hours ago, mnpucker said:

Is that Baby Powder?  I believe so.  How would his Blue Holders look in that Uni.....  I think very right.

Nice VH skates endoresment from Gretzky.

1 hour ago, Ryback said:

Anyone know the wax Marner uses on his tape? Saw him in ESPN but couldnt see the brand.  Or is it baby powder?! 

Had no idea True pays the nhl licensing agreement.

9 minutes ago, SipHockey said:

Nice VH skates endoresment from Gretzky.

Had no idea True pays the nhl licensing agreement.

As soon as they announced sticks coming out under their own brand I think they paid. They've had True licensed sticks in the NHL since then.

14 hours ago, Ryback said:

That's just light colored (probably white) wax on black tape. Look around enough and you'll find others. The contrast is so strong most likely because it is a relatively unused tape/wax job.

20 hours ago, Ryback said:

just a heavy coating of wax, i do the same thing. i usually have my wax warm, almost moldable, it seems easier to get this effect.

Both sets  need to swap gloves between the home/away set ups.  Gold gloves with the green jerseys and green gloves with the gold unis etc. 

On 1/11/2017 at 4:36 PM, adam14 said:

I like the idea of black white yellow and purple with it being in LA. Looks poorly executed though imo

I like the concept of the All Star jerseys using the colors of the various jerseys the home team has worn throughout the years, but i agree the execution isn't wonderful.  The yellow one particularly bugs me.  The Kings never wore yellow and black.  Switch out the black details for purple on the yellow jersey and now we're talking.

What is going on with the numbers?  Is there some kind of random pattern in the body of the number?  Looks a bit like stained glass or a mosaic.

Still hate how Crosby & Gretzky use these small mid curves with low lie's but all you can get from every company now is a huge toe curve with dual lie horse crap.

6 minutes ago, the_game said:

Still hate how Crosby & Gretzky use these small mid curves with low lie's but all you can get from every company now is a huge toe curve with dual lie horse crap.

I think you can blame the market for buying those curves...

30 minutes ago, Jagrmullet said:

Feast your eyes on Wayne Gretzky warrior specs.

https://warriorhockey.com/2016/10/21/the-great-one-is-a-product-geek/

Stick Blade.jpgStick Shaft.jpgGlove Specs.jpgGlove Specs 2.jpg

Stuff like this is why I love Warrior, it is fascinating and gives us a decent look at their design process.

52 minutes ago, the_game said:

But now kids can go top cheese without learning how to shoot.