Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

decoy

2016-2017 Gear Sightings

Way back when I had a couple Easton wood blades with that curve but around a 5-5.5 lie. It was beautiful and then they ruined it with the Gretzky II.

4 hours ago, the_game said:

Still hate how Crosby & Gretzky use these small mid curves with low lie's but all you can get from every company now is a huge toe curve with dual lie horse crap.

That's why I went with BASE hockey. Some of their curves are available in a real 4 lie, including the PM9 that I use which other manufacurers only make in a 5 lie.

I work in the home automation/AV industry, we have an install coming up  soon with a client who has a Gretzky memorabilia collection supposedly worth upwards of $1Million.  My coworker who walked the job last week told me I'm gonna freak once I get there, can't wait!

On 1/13/2017 at 11:49 AM, Hills said:

I think you can blame the market for buying those curves...

That's only part of it. Things seemed to change to the more radical once the NHL loosened up their rules on curve depth.

Gretzky was never known for his toe drag. Different era for shooting styles. Players shot from heel and mid with wood blades. Now its toe and mid with composite blades. Wood sticks and blades just play differently than OPS.

Anyone know exactly what the clear shotblockers with rivets seen around the NHL are?  They're not quite the Nash Skate wraps.  Seem to form fit a bit better too.

2 hours ago, syinx said:

Anyone know exactly what the clear shotblockers with rivets seen around the NHL are?  They're not quite the Nash Skate wraps.  Seem to form fit a bit better too.

could they be  Shot Blockers, I know they don't have rivets. but could just be re inforced for pro level abuse

1 hour ago, jordanm said:

could they be  Shot Blockers, I know they don't have rivets. but could just be re inforced for pro level abuse

bo-horvat-nhl-vancouver-canucks-carolina

Definitely clear ones with rivets/straps.

On 1/9/2017 at 7:47 PM, A2rhino said:

So are we not able to discuss the new Vapor skates yet?  I saw a couple guys in them during the World Juniors and some other pics.

not sure why you wouldn't be able to on THIS site considering others have had pictures posted since....october? november? someone is pulling your leg or doesn't like this website lol

1 hour ago, SaveByRask said:

not sure why you wouldn't be able to on THIS site considering others have had pictures posted since....october? november? someone is pulling your leg or doesn't like this website lol

We respect manufacturer's marketing release dates. The reason why we do this is because in turn, when the time is right, we are allowed to provide full spec on the product.  

We have been doing it this way for 13 years. In turn, those manufacturers work with us for our Long Term Reviews, our Summer and Winter events, and also participate in our discussions here on MSH. 

I'd rather have that than to be the first person out there with a leaked picture. 

2 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

We respect manufacturer's marketing release dates. The reason why we do this is because in turn, when the time is right, we are allowed to provide full spec on the product.  

We have been doing it this way for 13 years. In turn, those manufacturers work with us for our Long Term Reviews, our Summer and Winter events, and also participate in our discussions here on MSH. 

I'd rather have that than to be the first person out there with a leaked picture. 

yeah i understand how all that works but isn't that sort of counter intuitive, at least in terms of speculation...

23 minutes ago, SaveByRask said:

yeah i understand how all that works but isn't that sort of counter intuitive, at least in terms of speculation...

Not really. Members here know the rules and understand why they are the way they are. If you want to talk about unannounced gear there are other places to do so. We don't want to piss off manufacturers on MSH.

11 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Not really. Members here know the rules and understand why they are the way they are. If you want to talk about unannounced gear there are other places to do so. We don't want to piss off manufacturers on MSH.

we don't actually know the specs so for them to be pissed off over a theory on equipment that is widely known about seems very strange but w/e, got it boss. lost interest in bauer years ago anyhow.

23 minutes ago, SaveByRask said:

we don't actually know the specs so for them to be pissed off over a theory on equipment that is widely known about seems very strange but w/e, got it boss. lost interest in bauer years ago anyhow.

No need for the snark. 

2 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

No need for the snark. 

i can see how you read it that way, i meant no offense. but since were on the subject your comments come off as condescending sometimes, but i wouldn't have said that otherwise. it's just that were from different areas, different slang, take it with a grain of salt because i'm here for the same reasons as anyone else, gear talk, and that's what i'd like to keep this as.

2 hours ago, DarkStar50 said:

"Lost interest in Bauer years ago".......wants to see and discuss new Vapor skate......:facepalm:

TBH I get what he is saying though. The only people who benefit on here in regards to the early speculation are the select few (same people over the years) who go to the MSH Winter/Summer events. The 95% of us who do not get to go to the events or who are not chosen for LTR items are basically screwed over. Normally I'd keep my opinion to myself, but I've seen this happen here for several years.

2 minutes ago, ZINC said:

TBH I get what he is saying though. The only people who benefit on here in regards to the early speculation are the select few (same people over the years) who go to the MSH Winter/Summer events. The 95% of us who do not get to go to the events or who are not chosen for LTR items are basically screwed over. Normally I'd keep my opinion to myself, but I've seen this happen here for several years.

i'm not disputing that. i asked JR Boucicaut a question and everyone else but him chimed in lol...

2 hours ago, DarkStar50 said:

"Lost interest in Bauer years ago".......wants to see and discuss new Vapor skate......:facepalm:

someone else wanted to, not me lul... :facepalm:

8 hours ago, SaveByRask said:

You're still not understanding.  I know the specs; I meet with these product managers in advance so that when it's time to talk about it, there's no speculation.  They put enough trust in me to discuss their upcoming product; it would be extremely unethical for me to take that I get in October and post about it the next day.

32 minutes ago, ZINC said:

ZINC - 

Two points here.  It bothers me extremely that you seem to think that there's some sort of class system here on MSH.  Our events have always been open to our members; we aren't shutting out people.  Want to come out to one of our events?  Let us know! 

Second of all, as far as LTRs are concerned; you have to give to get.  Honestly, I'm not going to consider someone who has never submitted a review.  And I think twice with those who submit a bunch of reviews when the LTR is announced.

1 minute ago, JR Boucicaut said:

You're still not understanding.  I know the specs; I meet with these product managers in advance so that when it's time to talk about it, there's no speculation.  They put enough trust in me to discuss their upcoming product; it would be extremely unethical for me to take that I get in October and post about it the next day.

no, i understand that someone like you might have the specs but not the average player.  that's where our speculation would come in, we would literally be guessing what the equipment could have in terms of innovation. but it was cleared up the first time that it isn't acceptable either, thanks.

People posting speculation leads to people posting it as and assuming they are facts.  Esp with today's fake news culture, it's better to say nothing at all, until the real true specs can be divulged and discussed properly.  

I get the frustration.  I've given you my company's line on it, but what about the shop employee on here who saw the lineup from the rep?  

He comes into the speculation thread and posts everything about the skate (assuming it's factual, false is another story.)  Then I get a phone call from the manufacturer asking me to censor my website by removing the post.  It wasn't information that was ready for public consumption, so I end up having to do it.

This way is much easier.

6 minutes ago, SaveByRask said:

no, i understand that someone like you might have the specs but not the average player.  that's where our speculation would come in, we would literally be guessing what the equipment could have in terms of innovation. but it was cleared up the first time that it isn't acceptable either, thanks.