Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

decoy

2016-2017 Gear Sightings

12 hours ago, tpedersen3118 said:

Is it my eyes or is that custom tendon on the 1S skates? Kind of a unique cut how it melts from the ankle to the tendon

1S Pro Std custom skate which is a fixed tendon guard and standard eyelets.  However, the tendon guard pictured (with the additional material) is a different spec that can be requested.

10 hours ago, Hills said:

Under the laces would probably work, but I figured to just put something over the top like on the Skate Fenders

They are missing the injected lacing system as well.

Shot Blocker XT are what go under the laces and over the tongue. Work Great. 

I cant find anything on this product Skate Skin.

It's not available at retail yet, there is no marketing info on it. All stock is currently going to pro teams. There are more pics on our twitter page. It isn't designed to directly compete with polycarbonate blockers,  it's an option for additional, low profile protection for players who don't like the bulkier strap on guards. 

12 hours ago, customskateworks said:

It's not available at retail yet, there is no marketing info on it. All stock is currently going to pro teams. There are more pics on our twitter page. It isn't designed to directly compete with polycarbonate blockers,  it's an option for additional, low profile protection for players who don't like the bulkier strap on guards. 

Thank you for the info, it is greatly appreciated.

23 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

1S Pro Std custom skate which is a fixed tendon guard and standard eyelets.  However, the tendon guard pictured (with the additional material) is a different spec that can be requested.

IMG_9273.JPG

IMG_7677.JPG

On 2017-01-31 at 10:22 AM, JR Boucicaut said:

What is the one pictured out of curiosity? Seen it before a few times, Backes uses it if I recall correctly. Extra stiff? Kinda reminds me of the old Supreme X000 style

21 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

IMG_9273.JPG

IMG_7677.JPG

Thanks for posting JR. going from the injected lacing system to traditional eyelet in the same skate, is it true that you lose a little volume or is the injected lacing system stitched on further down the side of the boot so that the depths are essential the same?

21 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

You're comparing apples to oranges in this case because those skates pictured weren't made off a retail last.  

Generally speaking then. Comparing the retail 1S to the S190 with traditional eyelets. I can't find a EE 1S in my area to try on as a comparison to the S190. Thx.

...With TPU outsoles.

How is it possible that he's one of the best skaters in the league with all those additional grams weighing him down!!!!! :ph34r:

(End sarcasm) 

Anyone know what's up with Kevin Hayes's skates?  Are they some new model or is he getting creative like Zucc with some shot blockers?  They have a yellow heel stripe which looks like his old MX3's but to be totally honest I have no clue, I'm not as up to date with gear as I used to be.  The red is definitely eye catching though.

kevin-hayes-of-the-new-york-rangers-take

kevin-hayes-of-the-new-york-rangers-skat

1 hour ago, xstartxtodayx said:

Anyone know what's up with Kevin Hayes's skates?  Are they some new model or is he getting creative like Zucc with some shot blockers?  They have a yellow heel stripe which looks like his old MX3's but to be totally honest I have no clue, I'm not as up to date with gear as I used to be.  The red is definitely eye catching though.

kevin-hayes-of-the-new-york-rangers-take

kevin-hayes-of-the-new-york-rangers-skat

Yep. MX3's with custom shot blockers.