Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

decoy

2016-2017 Gear Sightings

9 minutes ago, Hills said:

Marner is True's poster player and True bought VH.

Any insight on what will become of VH? Keep 100% or go mainstream with a Mako like skates? VH is still kept intact? 

Just now, icewalker_bg said:

Any insight on what will become of VH? Keep 100% or go mainstream with a Mako like skates? VH is still kept intact? 

You are asking the wrong person for that. I just understand the link and nothing else.

4 minutes ago, icewalker_bg said:

From what I've been told, business as usual. Just now with some cash backing up the business.

If you're hardcore curious like me and like NHL podcasts:

http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/media.blubrry.com/nhlpodcast/p/content.blubrry.com/nhlpodcast/Chase_Pang-Episode_25.mp3

Not to ruin the suspense for anybody, Garth basically confirms what IPv6 said. It sounds like they will be making the skates the exact same way we know and obsess about. 

It would just be great if they could figure out a way to develop a price point progression based on VH technology: retail skates with at least a degree of that moldability.

2 hours ago, flip12 said:

It would just be great if they could figure out a way to develop a price point progression based on VH technology: retail skates with at least a degree of that moldability.

That was the Mako. But it is no more... 

10 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

That was the Mako. But it is no more... 

True and false: Mako and VH share the same ancestor; a novel retail branch off that tree, similar to the Mako but with True's engineering department instead of Easton's and the improvements in VH's subsequent evolution in its DNA, would be predatory.

2 hours ago, flip12 said:

True and false: Mako and VH share the same ancestor; a novel retail branch off that tree, similar to the Mako but with True's engineering department instead of Easton's and the improvements in VH's subsequent evolution in its DNA, would be predatory.

My reply was in response to the last part of your post.

10 hours ago, flip12 said:

5 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

My reply was in response to the last part of your post.

The part in bold? I apologize as it's a bit sloppy. However, that "that" is in strict reference to VH. Otherwise not only the Mako but every CURV, Surlyn, and a lot of tech-mesh boots from recent years would apply as well. I stand by the distinction, looking forward to retail True/VH skates.

6 hours ago, flip12 said:

The part in bold? I apologize as it's a bit sloppy. However, that "that" is in strict reference to VH. Otherwise not only the Mako but every CURV, Surlyn, and a lot of tech-mesh boots from recent years would apply as well. I stand by the distinction, looking forward to retail True/VH skates.

I believe his point was, Easton brought what started out as the MLX to the retail market. The sales model and marketing behind the VH isn't all that much different than what MLX was doing back before Easton acquired them. When that happened, the same comments flooded in - "can't wait for a retail version of the MLX".

35 minutes ago, stick9 said:

I believe his point was, Easton brought what started out as the MLX to the retail market. The sales model and marketing behind the VH isn't all that much different than what MLX was doing back before Easton acquired them. When that happened, the same comments flooded in - "can't wait for a retail version of the MLX".

No. My point was that he wanted retail skates with a degree of the same moldability as VH. Mako is/was the only thing even close. 

I have not noticed this until today when I watched yesterday's Canadiens vs. Islanders (not really watching lots of Habs games). Carey Price is in cowlings now. I went back and checked few past games and he is in cowlings still. How long ago did he switched? Wonder what caused him to retire the VH holders he started the season with. I thought he was pretty hot on those...

they mentioned this a couple games back on tva sports during a game. he switched I believe on the same day the pants size rule was mandatory.  

the reason why he switched back to cowling is that he never felt 100% comfortable with them ,due to the higher holder he felt like he was loosing balance at times.

22 hours ago, chippa13 said:

I believe the extreme pitch scared a lot of potential buyers off from the Makos.

All the orange in the color scheme scared off lots of potential buyers.  The outsole separating from the boot didn't help either.

2 hours ago, mickz said:

All the orange in the color scheme scared off lots of potential buyers.  The outsole separating from the boot didn't help either.

They talk about monocoque Mako skates, so there is no outsole. +1 on Orange colors though.

34 minutes ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

The R8 is back, and it is good

8C0349F7-0145-402F-991E-463A414D7D51_zps

Loved the R8!!  Still have several pairs.  One version had a palm that I loved.. FHH??  something or other.  Great palm!!  Similar to quattro.

Those have been around for a while, actually there are multiple 2nd tier hockey brands that have the "same" products branded for them.

I.e. those gloves are also available from Sherwood as the T90 Pro.