Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

decoy

2016-2017 Gear Sightings

Howdy,

So in that pic Jagr has CCM helmet/pants, Warrior gloves, and a True stick.  I'm not cool enough to know what kinda skates...

Are these guys not all locked into contracts with companies?  I'd have thought most / all of the pros would be contracted to wear only CCM or Bauer or Warrior, or whatever else in exchange for $$$.

Mark

3 minutes ago, marka said:

Howdy,

So in that pic Jagr has CCM helmet/pants, Warrior gloves, and a True stick.  I'm not cool enough to know what kinda skates...

Are these guys not all locked into contracts with companies?  I'd have thought most / all of the pros would be contracted to wear only CCM or Bauer or Warrior, or whatever else in exchange for $$$.

Mark

I think Jagr probably just does what he wants these years. 

14 minutes ago, marka said:

Howdy,

Mark

Supreme TotalOne MX3's, I think.

19 minutes ago, marka said:

Howdy,

Mark

Not quite.  As with anything Pros can simply choose not to take an endorsement deal, or not be offered one.  Older players tend not to care much except to keep on using what they've always worn (for example, Sedins wear Bauer Vapor gloves, CCM/RBK 11K-shell helmet, Supreme skates year after year).

55 minutes ago, marka said:

Howdy,

Mark

The endorsement deals for the majority of players aren't enough to influence usage.

True is growing quickly in the NHL that's for sure

See more and more people with a True stick every week. A6.0 is the best balanced stick i have picked up in a long time. I imagine the new XC9 is even better, puck feel isn't the best for my personally but still much better then most sticks i have used in recent times

lRTdkGe.jpg

LaPA3gm.jpg

Ovechkin is apparently gonna wear these tomorrow night during warm-ups for Russian Heritage Night, and they'll be auctioned off. All I can say is Красивые коньки!)))))

48 minutes ago, UCMnumber8 said:

lRTdkGe.jpg

LaPA3gm.jpg

Ovechkin is apparently gonna wear these tomorrow night during warm-ups for Russian Heritage Night, and they'll be auctioned off. All I can say is Красивые коньки!)))))

Wow, there's a lot going on there. Hope someone gets a shot of him in them.

5 hours ago, DarkStar50 said:

LS 3 ???

Surprisingly. Ovi's well known to be incredibly finicky about his equipment. He finds what he likes, and sticks with it. But then again, I was thinking that it's pretty popular in the NHL, it seems like most Bauer pro stocks are with LS3 steel.

1 hour ago, UCMnumber8 said:

Surprisingly. Ovi's well known to be incredibly finicky about his equipment. He finds what he likes, and sticks with it. But then again, I was thinking that it's pretty popular in the NHL, it seems like most Bauer pro stocks are with LS3 steel.

http://IMG_0113_zpsjoyigy8y.jpg

he uses black step steel

6 minutes ago, nisselrm said:

he uses black step steel

Well I'll be a s.o.b... :tongue: Always wondered about that, I've noticed his steel always did look darker than Bauer Lightspeed.. Guess the LS3 was just for the profile shots of the skates

2 hours ago, A2rhino said:

What is across Jagrs laces and around his heel? Some sort of Heel lock?

I think it's just tape to hold his laces down.

1 hour ago, Shogun said:

Does anyone know when the new Bauer 1X skates come out?

The same time new Bauer stuff comes out every year.

On 2017-3-14 at 7:12 AM, gosinger said:

It looks way shorter than the 8k extended forearm though, sort of "in between".

Europeans were treated to the "20k long" at retail :)

Can confirm, I've a pair of 20k long, pro stock with the extra plastic shell