Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

decoy

2016-2017 Gear Sightings

the franken shoulder pads...just highlight how much the pros don't care or believe about the latest tech the companies push.  A few years back (maybe 2013) aft the blackhawks won the cup...Patrik Kane is in the locker room and takes off his jersey...he's not wearing bauer shoulder pads and neither is Toews....They are both wearing CCM RBZ shoulders and elbows.

7 hours ago, hellaavangard said:

Beagle with some interesting FrankenVapors

Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 2.47.52 PM.png

The Stranger Danger is strong in that one.

A lot of players loved their shoulder pads, but had to change out the shoulder caps a couple years back when the NHL introduced new equipment rules mandating soft caps. 

11 minutes ago, matix218 said:

What type of material are those shot blockers?  They look super thin.

Actually looks like steel or possibly titanium. You can see the laser burn marks where they cut the pattern through.

4 hours ago, clarkiestooth said:

Actually looks like steel or possibly titanium. You can see the laser burn marks where they cut the pattern through.

Probaly just kydex pre printed with that design. The light color makes the laser marks more noticable than on the black ones. 

6 hours ago, UCMnumber8 said:

Ovi wearing the new Vapor skates 

5x1Fqbg.jpg

Great photo.  Good to see that the pros flinch when in the line of fire too.  With regard to Ovi, I was  watching the Canadian broadcast (shown on USA network) and they commented on how poorly Ovi was skating!

3 hours ago, the iceman said:

NEW Sher-Wood 5030 HOF Vintage shoulder pads.

Great. That fixes my one beef with old/current ones, the shoulder caps had to little to no taper and didn't curve around your shoulder much.

On 4/15/2017 at 10:26 AM, Davideo said:

Great. That fixes my one beef with old/current ones, the shoulder caps had to little to no taper and didn't curve around your shoulder much.

I have the same beef. Kind of torn though because I am a huge fan of the bicep and shoulder being attached on the originals (and on others like the old CCM's). Will give these a try though. 

On 4/12/2017 at 0:55 PM, matix218 said:

What type of material are those shot blockers?  They look super thin.

They have a laser cutter they use for polycarbonate blockers. That just has a graphic over it.  All the ones he makes has the players number and perforations, you just can't tell because most are clear.