Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JONES199

Low Flex Intermediate Sticks

Does anyone other than Base do a low 45-50-55 flex intermediate stick.  My son's just moving out of the Jr's because of length.  Taking a 60 and having to cut it down seems like it's going to be a pretty big jump from the uncut 50 he's be using.

Warrior has a 55 flex in INT.  Might be harder to find in the blade that you might be interested in...My Boy has been playing 55 flex, but has been growing as well.  Will be moving up to 75 sometime this year...due to length as well.

Looking at moving into a Base shaft/blade combo

Easton 60 flex Ints are shorter and have smaller dimensions than typical. 

Warrior also has the QRL Pro intermediate in 55 that would also be a good option to explore

The other option is Raven sticks.  There's an intermediate-height 50 flex stick they offer, which has been really popular with the local female players here.

I second the Raven option. I had a 6 year old son on their 20 stick. Was impressed with the product. I found the blade a little thick. However, all in all, much better than anything else in that price point IMO. Otherwise need to go full custom with something like BASE or something.

On 7/6/2016 at 3:56 PM, Buzz_LightBeer said:

Easton 60 flex Ints are shorter and have smaller dimensions than typical. 

Warrior also has the QRL Pro intermediate in 55 that would also be a good option to explore

I find that the 60 flex Easton sticks are very stiff. They feel like 85's. 

OP, I'd look at Warrior 55 Flex sticks. I find them VERY accurate to their stated flex rating. Bauer also makes a 60 Flex Supreme 1S and a 60 flex Vapor Line.

8 hours ago, kovalchuk71 said:

OP, I'd look at Warrior 55 Flex sticks. I find them VERY accurate to their stated flex rating. Bauer also makes a 60 Flex Supreme 1S and a 60 flex Vapor Line.

Spot on with the Easton 60 flex. My son complained with respect to the RS2/V9E (not even cut). I thought he was being difficult, until I tried it for myself. His Graf and STX (both cut) @ 55 and 60 flex respectively, are fine.

Sherwood and Graf offer 55 flex intermediates too.  Flexes have really gone down over the years!  I remember when my aluminum JR Easton was 70 flex.

7 hours ago, mickz said:

Sherwood and Graf offer 55 flex intermediates too.  Flexes have really gone done over the years!  I remember when my aluminum JR Easton was 70 flex.

Adding on to my original post. I would look at the STX 60 Flex Sticks as well. FANTASTIC sticks, and the 60 Flex I have is quite whippy.

Flexes may have changed, but you MUST make sure that the stick actually flexes correctly. Most low flex sticks do not flex in a proper "arc", but Torque/twist instead. It makes the flex of the stick useless. Sherwood and Warrior are the only sticks I have seen that flex properly in the 30-45 flex range. 

On 08/07/2016 at 1:51 AM, kovalchuk71 said:

That's dissappointing. Just ordered another 4 Makos on clearance in 65 flex.

Oh well, my last stick was 85 flex Mako so they can't be more stiffer than the actual 85 I suppose...

7 hours ago, GloriousLeader said:

That's dissappointing. Just ordered another 4 Makos on clearance in 65 flex.

Oh well, my last stick was 85 flex Mako so they can't be more stiffer than the actual 85 I suppose...

The 65's actually have MORE whip (as odd as that sounds), so they will be fine. The 60 flex sticks are 3" shorter than the 65 Flex Easton sticks, which doesn't help things. 

We're in the states so the GRAF isn't an option.  He's been using GRAF's for a long time (revolt G95's lately) but they are now impossible to get down here.  The price on the Base doesn't seem too bad so I guess that's the direction to head.

Easton's flexes drive me batty.  I had a 75 flex Intermediate OG Synergy that was probably the best flexing stick I ever owned.  I eventually sold it and I regret it.  I got a 75 flex EQ50, which I though would be similar flex as it's in the same mid-flex family.  It's a noodle by comparison.  I have an 85 flex mako tapered shaft that feels much more similar to the OG Synergy 75 flex.  I've also played with a recent 75 flex HTX and thought it was pretty similar to the original Synergy.

Long story short, it seems like there's no consistency across the board from Easton.