Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tcc

Labeda Asphalt wheels confusion

Hey All,

Looking to get new wheels for outdoors and settled on the Labeda Asphalt but am confused.  On their website they show the normal orange one and a white one.  With regards to the orange ones it indicates 85a hardness.  When I google the wheels there seems like a whole slew of different orange ones that look totally different and have different hardnesses than what's on the website.

Can someone explain this differing dilema?

tia

This year Labeda started offering a softer version of their Asphalt wheel. It's the white wheel you referenced, and comes in at an 83A durometer. It's a wheel in between the 80A Gripper that some people used outdoors, and the original Asphalt which comes in at an 85A now (previously 84A).

Hope this helps.

Thanks EBondo.  But what about the orange ones?  Take a quick look at this link

https://www.google.ca/search?q=labeda+asphalt+wheels&client=safari&hl=en&prmd=ivsn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjQ2MKMxe_NAhVBlB4KHcoeBmsQ_AUIBygB&biw=768&bih=900

Why are there differing looks and hardnesses for the orange where their website only shows one look and hardness? 

Here's what I mean

labeda-asphalt-hard-80a-inline-hockey-wh

labeda-asphalt-hard-roller-hockey-wheel-

Labeda-Asphalt-Hockey-Wheels-1.jpg

The middle graphic is the newest wheel. The top one is the previous model, and the bottom one I believe is the one before that. 

I see.

I'm just having a hard time finding these wheels here (Toronto, Canada) in retail stores.  

Anyone have any feedback between the hi lo clinger orange wheels and the asphalts?  One better than the other?