Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCATMAN

Bauer Supreme S180 stick

Hi guys, has anyone tried the S180 stick and can give me some feedback on it?

Out of the current supreme line up I only hear/read/find info about the top end 1S (and what I see isn't the greatest!!). The price for this looks reasonable so I'm wondering what peoples thoughts are on this 3K weave and if I should even be considering getting one?

I usually just but top end sticks or pro stock but I'm interested in trying something midrange that is still decent.

Cheers,

Tried out a friend's S180 stick last night during warm ups. I liked it.  Felt good, a tad heavy.  Price point/performance is reasonable.I

I have the 1S. It is an excellent stick, but that's just my opinion. 

I

52 minutes ago, Zorlac said:

Tried out a friend's S180 stick last night during warm ups. I liked it.  Felt good, a tad heavy.  Price point/performance is reasonable.I

I have the 1S. It is an excellent stick, but that's just my opinion. 

I

I'm interested how it compared directly with the 1S. Other than the weight how did it compare flex/puck feel wise? 

The reviews I read on the 1S have not been the best so I'm keen to hear from someone who is a fan so I can hear both sides

I can't give a hardcore comparison, because I only had the 180 in my hands a few minutes..

The 1S "feels" like a more expensive stick to start with, because of it's weight and "pop."  The real dilemma in my comparison is that my 1S is a INT. 75 flex.  The 180 I was using was a SENIOR 87 flex.

I have one.  There's better out there at that price point. The balance is subpar, as is the puck feel. I'd go in another direction. I'd pick all of the stick below over it in a heartbeat.

-STX Stallion 400 

-True a4.5

-Sherwood T100

-True XCore7

Agree with Kovalchuk on all those options.  I'd add the True A5.2 in there if you're willing to spend similar to the S180.  Phenomenal, very well balanced stick.  I've also found that it has a bit more of the "pop" factor that you get with top-end sticks.

2 hours ago, jonesy9020 said:

Agree with Kovalchuk on all those options.  I'd add the True A5.2 in there if you're willing to spend similar to the S180.  Phenomenal, very well balanced stick.  I've also found that it has a bit more of the "pop" factor that you get with top-end sticks.

So would I, no question.  I was trying to just include new model sticks that are close to the range of the S180

Add the Surgeoun RX2.1 to that list in that range. Different flex profile but a very impressive stick. 

Otherwise consider an XCore7, or a Warrior Krypto Pro (if you have access to a SFS dealer. 

47 minutes ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

Add the Surgeoun RX2.1 to that list in that range. Different flex profile but a very impressive stick. 

Otherwise consider an XCore7, or a Warrior Krypto Pro (if you have access to a SFS dealer. 

If OP wants a low kick stick, then I agree totally. We have the Krypto Pro sticks and they're very nice for the $$$.

Thanks for the reply all. I was interested in the S180 because I still haven't put a supreme through it's paces yet and was hesitant to pay top dollar for a stick with subpar reviews. The old One95's used a 3k weave so I guess I was maybe hoping it would feel similar but with the supreme MPK kickpoint.

I'm still undecided to be honest! 

More A5.2's are very tempting..

4 hours ago, SCATMAN said:

Thanks for the reply all. I was interested in the S180 because I still haven't put a supreme through it's paces yet and was hesitant to pay top dollar for a stick with subpar reviews. The old One95's used a 3k weave so I guess I was maybe hoping it would feel similar but with the supreme MPK kickpoint.

I'm still undecided to be honest! 

More A5.2's are very tempting..

I've been using an A5.2 SBP for 3 months now. Hands down my favorite stick. I was using a Surgeon 500 before that and a TotalOne before that. The cost to features is what made me give it a shot and at 425g the weight is perfect; not to heavy, not too lite.... Just right.

Hi all, thanks for the info. I ended up going a different path for now - The pro stock path. I was keen to try the 3K weave like the old One95's, turns out you can get pro stock one95 customs occasionally so I'll be keeping an eye out for some to pop up.

Pro stock Bauer code C28 and C29 for those who are interested :)