Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

60PlusWinger

Will scratching off a stick nameplate hinder durability?

Just picked up a pro stock 1N and a small part of the name plate was scratched off with a pin. Looks like the guy gave up  though. Will this hurt the durability of the stick?

33C24A2B-DFC4-411A-B623-DB433BFF8183_zps

The scratching will also expose the the carbon fibre and probably pulled some of the threads from the weave making the stick much more likely to eat away at your glove palms and even give you carbon fibre splinters.

The scratching off off the name has multiple effects.  One, it will create a minute twisting motion due to the reduced aerodynamic flow of the air over the stick as you shoot.  This will create a ripple effect in the space-time continuum and may lead to a paradox shift where your shot speed will transcend time.  It will also render the stick useless in a police investigation when officers might need to identify the owner of said stick.  I believe that this is covered under Part 5, section 22, paragraph 3 of the Minnesota criminal code pertaining to the theft of sporting goods.  Lastly, the erosion of the polished layer will, as Hills said, expose the carbon fibre.  In addition to the aforementioned impact on the space time continuum you might also elevate the level of risk inherent in flawed stick use.  This may, or may not, result in stick breakage, a splinter shooting through someone's eye or spontaneous human combustion.

Or then again, it might just be a scratch.

Hard to tell.  Could go either way.

To answer this seriously OP, no it won't. All you're doing is taking some of the clear coat off of the stick. 

Think about it. People scuff up the clear coat on their blades and have no durability problems. That is much worse than scratching off a name plate.

45 minutes ago, Tyler Roy said:

Has to be a troll question. 

No way, once he gets his stick the proper length and an unscratched nameplate the next stop is the show.

Thanks guys. Now that I have the information that I need I'll finish the name tag removal and with the weight reduction that I receive from it should be just what I need to make it big.