Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cl3av3r

BAUER 1S SKATE REVIEW + THOUGHTS?

There doesn't seem to be a lot of feedback and reviews about the Bauer 1S skate. Curious what others think of them and what your experience has been so far. 

Absolutely awesome so far, I've skated on them only 3 times and they felt broken in by the second skate. 

Very, very stiff, very very light, they fit my foot awesome, I have small, somewhat narrow feet. 

I measure barely an 8 on the brodack device and my 1s's are size 6.5. 

After baking em and baking the speed played they fit like a glove. 

I had Vapor 1x before and thought they were best skates ever until I got these. My only thing is the tongue stiffeners seem to make me perform worse. I removed them and skate 100 times better. Overall an excellent skate 

Have you seen the MX3? Yeah, it's pretty much the same thing. Reduced the volume, though (and added $50 to the MSRP)

Bauer hasn't put out anything mind blowing since the original One95. It's a Curv skate. 

My opinion is that you should find some MX3 on closeout and use the $$ difference towards other gear.

Does the c flex tongue and flexible tendon guard noticeably improve stride recovery? Does it do what it says it does? Also, do the 1s skates wrap around the ankle well or does the injected lacing system prevent the skate from wrapping around the ankle?

I notice the flexible tendon guard more than the tongue tbh. Lets me extend my stride. The Curv boot wraps pretty well, make sure you mold it (maybe even a second mold after 4-5 ice times). Lacing system is supposed to make it wrap better, I didn't notice much difference with that feature though.