Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rades

Increasing stick length?

I want to increase the length of my sticks, I feel like they're just a little too short for me. I know all the guidelines and everything but what I was wondering is what would be a good amount to start at for lengthening? 

1 inch? 

Half?

1/4?

Start with an inch and go from there. A half and inch would be barely noticeable, mean while 1/4. 

I honestly wouldnt even even notice an inch. I would personally start at 2 and go from there. 

I agree with Healthyscratch, start with 2 inch then work it from there. I bought a couple of plugs and cut them to 1/4", 1/2", 1 1/2". I swap them in and out of sticks whenever.

9 hours ago, Troubadour said:

Just curious how tall are you and how long are your sticks? When standing straight up on skates where is the top of the stick at?

When I'm barefoot, my old ones were at the very tip of my nose, the new one I just got I cut at JUST above the tip of my nose. I'm 5'9-10.

now here's the thing why I think I needed a little longer of a stick. I like to make my knob the full width of tape , and I like the knob big (think of half of a goalie knob) don't ask why, I've always just liked it playing D. 

The tape is 1 inch in width so my hands always laid right under the knob where it ended. If I was to measure where my top hand actually goes it's definitely under my nose, now the new one I cut the tape ends right at the tip of my nose, where my top hand will be. 

Am I right in taking considering where my top hand is since i use a big knob and that inch of stick where the knob is, is never used? 

Hope you guys get the question!  Sorry if it's confusing haha. 

No one can tell you how long your stick should be, it all depends on you, the type of game you play, how you skate, technique, how good your hands are, the curve and lie you want to play with etc etc. If you want to try a longer stick, do what Scatman suggested, buy some plugs, cut them to the length you need and stick them in your stick. It's not that hard.