Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

1 hour ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Shooter27 is correct. 

I think Bloomberg report is correct, but lets call "agree to disagree" on this so we can move on. Thanks.

3 hours ago, Kgbeast said:

I think Bloomberg report is correct, but lets call "agree to disagree" on this so we can move on. Thanks.

JR>Bloomberg.  

• Like 1

On 7/22/2016 at 2:31 PM, Kgbeast said:

one more copy/paste from another email from Charles Graf

...not for the Seven-XX holders. 

Just out of curiosity, what would increasing the height of the holder do for you?

2 hours ago, Cboy705 said:

Just out of curiosity, what would increasing the height of the holder do for you?

They actually increasing the runners not the holders. The effect is the same as increasing the holder, your skates will be able to lean more during maneuvering before bottoming out. Of course, practicality of it, is debatable...

2 hours ago, Cboy705 said:

Just saw a tweet from Graf:

"Major GRAF news coming soon"

Yep, they supposed to resume their distribution in USA and Canada next week... unless they have changed their mind. Either way, it will be news. In the mean time HockeyMonkey basically giving their remaining skates away. 

29 minutes ago, fcalog said:

Very limited quantities and essentially twice the price of what Total Hockey has them. TH was the only major retailer up until now to carry them.

Not sure about that. I did not see any PeakSpeed skates at TH... Monkey has models from top of the line at nearing $800 per pair to low level at $99. They also have 30% off online coupon. They have those in pretty much all sizes as well and under regular, money back return policy. It looks like a new stock to me... but who knows

5 minutes ago, Kgbeast said:

Not sure about that. I did not see any PeakSpeed skates at TH... Monkey has models from top of the line at nearing $800 per pair to low level at $99. They also have 30% off online coupon. They have those in pretty much all sizes as well and under regular, money back return policy. It looks like a new stock to me... but who knows

I thought you meant sticks

Looking at the spec, these are pretty nice. 7700 are probably the lightest hockey skates on the market with 780g including the steel. Also the runner is profiled  10' instead of usual 11'+.  Moldable footbed is kind of a must on this level and it is nice that they have it all the way down to pretty inexpensive 2200 model, Asymmetrical tong , lined toe box are classy touches as well.  One thing I always admired about Graf is that even the lowest end skates and youth skates still have the same attention to comfort and features. This is no different - even the bottom skates still have lined toebox and are heat moldable. Pretty adorable touch on youth size as PK7700 comes with Cobra 5000 holder and replaceable runners... that's a 10Y size...  My 5-years old daughter wears 12Y.  This is a bit overboard for someone who will grow out of the skates before 3rd sharpening :). The product has so much soul in it, it should be able to make babies! I truly hope that  Graf can get back on their feet.

not really. it looks like a low level alkali and low level vapor skate had a kid, and let it run around without a diaper on.

edit: CCM u10 might be a better example than the vapor

Edited by Stewie
better example
  • Like 2

Still looks more appealing than than the 1s, any VH skate I've seen to date, any Graf skate to come out with giant logos or neon yellow. 

The red accents on the heel and tendon do look rather vapor-esque I agree. But the low key plain black/gun metal without patterns printed all over it a la 1s/ super tacks makes them look clean.

44 minutes ago, adam14 said:

Still looks more appealing than than the 1s, any VH skate I've seen to date, any Graf skate to come out with giant logos or neon yellow. 

The red accents on the heel and tendon do look rather vapor-esque I agree. But the low key plain black/gun metal without patterns printed all over it a la 1s/ super tacks makes them look clean.

well there are a lot of crappy looking skates out at the moment. i mean i used both mid end alkali and u10s as an example and i owned and love both (maybe more so the alkali than the u10s) performance/cost wise. Grafs also inherently suffer from me for having the worst looking holders on the market, so that isnt adding anything to it. This photo just looks like a tier 4 skate to me, minus maybe the actual materials the quarter is made of vs the aesthetics.

Hell, it looks like they ran out of time in the design department and just brought the first drafts to the production factory. Or is the idea for the customer to design the quarter panels in his own team colors?

Got a line from Swiss. Looks like they are restarting the distribution through Vaugh Hockey in USA and in Canada. As of now, no mention of Graf on Vaughns website, but they say it is possible to contact and inquire about Graf gear from Vaughn already. It does not look like there are any plans of resuming PeakSpeed line, but who knows. It should be possible however to order anything that Graf Switzerland is currently producing. Who knows, maybe a few months from now, you will be able to get Vaughn players skates with "designed by Graf" on them...  We shall see.

Just as a disclaimer, I have not contacted Vaughn to verify any if this. If you know more, please reply.