Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fletch

Bauer skate return policy

Does anyone know why Bauer doesn't offer a 30 day return policy like CCM does on their skates?  It seems like a great idea to do so, considering how expensive skates are these days (especially the high-end ones).  I recently bought a pair of Supreme 1S skates and after 1 single skate I realized they are too roomy for me (I got a 10D and should have gotten a 9.5D like I am used to), and now I am selling them here because I cannot return them.  I didn't know of CCM's return policy when I bought the 1S or I likely would have given CCM skates a shot.  Just curious why Bauer wouldn't try to even up with CCM on this.  Any insight would be appreciated :)

My guess would be that Bauer has already a very very big established clientele and does not need to offer such returns. CCM came out not long with 3 lines of skates and is probably looking to attract those in doubt, like you that do not want to end up with 1000$ skates that they cannot use for various reasons. Please correct me if I am wrong. 

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

Does anyone know why Bauer doesn't offer a 30 day return policy like CCM does on their skates?  It seems like a great idea to do so, considering how expensive skates are these days (especially the high-end ones).  I recently bought a pair of Supreme 1S skates and after 1 single skate I realized they are too roomy for me (I got a 10D and should have gotten a 9.5D like I am used to), and now I am selling them here because I cannot return them.  I didn't know of CCM's return policy when I bought the 1S or I likely would have given CCM skates a shot.  Just curious why Bauer wouldn't try to even up with CCM on this.  Any insight would be appreciated :)

Did you buy them from a hockey store or directly from Bauer? I know my hockey store (no affiliation other than a VERY happy customer) http://TheHockeyShop.com is always great at returns, even if I've used something and not completely happy - as long as there's no damage, they've always been great - maybe your LHS will do something rather than you have to sell them?

Was that CCM Money back thing only for JetSpeeds back when they just released them in 2015? That policy expired about a year ago. Correct me if I am wrong and CCM do offer 100% satisfaction guarantee still. Thanks,

1 hour ago, RickDC said:

Did you buy them from a hockey store or directly from Bauer? I know my hockey store (no affiliation other than a VERY happy customer) http://TheHockeyShop.com is always great at returns, even if I've used something and not completely happy - as long as there's no damage, they've always been great - maybe your LHS will do something rather than you have to sell them?

Funny you mention that - I talked to a manager at Hockey Monkey and explained to him my situation.  I was also having a lot of pain from a steel plate over my fibula rubbing against the edge of the boot (which over time would have been a bigger issue than the skate size), and he allowed me to try on other skates.  I ended up going with CCM Super Tacks and their 90(!) day satisfaction guarantee program.  I do the majority of my shopping at Monkey anyway since they are right up the street from my work but today just gave me even more reason to continue shopping there.   That being said, I still think Bauer should offer some kind of return upon inspection.  Like maybe they have to be in like-new condition to the point where it is apparent that they were not skated on more than once or twice.  It's not like you can go skate around the store and get a feel for them and not every rink around here has demo days.

Fletch.. I absolutely hate Bauer's customer service, I've sent some questions directly to them in the past and they've not even bothered to respond... But, they know they can just keep cranking it out and letting their retailers deal with any issues..

20 minutes ago, RickDC said:

Fletch.. I absolutely hate Bauer's customer service, I've sent some questions directly to them in the past and they've not even bothered to respond... But, they know they can just keep cranking it out and letting their retailers deal with any issues..

I'll second this, I've sent an email of a simple question a month ago, I don't expect I'll ever get a reply. 

For sucha big company I frankly think it's total BS they don't have a customer service number to call, that's just ridiculous to me.

It comes down to this, when you're signing million dollar equipment contracts with every pro, minor pro and even major junior and college teams; what's the point of making us "little people" happy with a somewhat adequate customer service team? Answer is, sadly, there isn't one. 

3 hours ago, Kgbeast said:

Was that CCM Money back thing only for JetSpeeds back when they just released them in 2015? That policy expired about a year ago. Correct me if I am wrong and CCM do offer 100% satisfaction guarantee still. Thanks,

On certain skates 30 or 90 days.

3 minutes ago, Kgbeast said:

Can you post a link to that. I might want to take them up on this. 

Contact your local dealer.  CCM provided them with in-store signage (and tons of unnecessarily large retail fixtures) and instructions on what to with the returned skates.

It's a marketing promotion that is designed for end users to try their skate.

Bauer doesn't do it because they have the most market share and feel that they don't have to.