Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scottswenson2

Raven vs Hot Shot

I am somewhat familiar with Raven Hockey sticks (www.ravenhockey.com) having purchased one for my son last year. I read and believed the backstory of them - a group of Canadian hockey dads who worked with University of Calgary (or something like that) to create an intermediate stick with the proper flex. I was just bopping around the Internet and came across a website for Hot Shot Stix (https://www.hotshotstix.com/) . The product looks eerily similar in terms of concept, graphics etc. Can anyone tell me the background of this Company? Are they just ripping off the Raven concept or vice-versa?

Hot shots site was copyrighted in 2016. Different "entries" on the site are dated in 2016.

If I had to guess, Raven was first. 

With that said, these hot shot sticks do differ from Ravens. At least if we're going off of what is being advertised. So while the marketing strategy may be "ripped off"... Just like Bauer is now currently ripping off the Raven strategy (color coded youth flexes)  - the actual sticks from these two companies (Raven;Hotshot) seem to be different. 

There are some significant differences between the Raven sticks and Hot Shot Stix. The Hot Shot Stix are not 2 piece fiberglass sticks like the Ravens. They are a full 100% carbon fiber and Mono Comp 1 piece constructed stick for performance. They are a lighter and more durable performance stick. Hot Shot Stix is focusing more on the performance of the sticks instead of a concept.