Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shoot_the_goalie

Stuck in between sizes on helmet

Went to LHS and tried on a Bauer RE-AKT 100.   I fit pretty well in a medium with the helmet adjustments fully open.  I also fit pretty well in a large with the helmet adjustments fully closed.  Not sure which size I should go with, but leaning toward the medium since the foams might compress a little over time, and with the large, I wouldn't be able to make it any more snug.  I don't wear anything under my helmet (unlike ski helmets - which I have the same dilemma but usually go with a large in case I wear a head covering)  Opinions?  It seems I'm at the exact size of overlap on most helmets.

17 minutes ago, icewalker_bg said:

M., the pads will form to your head a bit giving you a bit of slack, and everything in between should compress slightly overtime, then you can always open it a bit. 

you mean you could tighten it up a little more once foams/pads compress a little over time.  (w/ M, I wouldn't be able to open the helmet anymore with my head sizing)

This may sound nuts but do you always keep your hair the same length? I have an Easton e400 in medium that fit perfect when I shaved my head, had to open it up when my hair grew out. I would go with the large.