Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JDhouston

Custom skates in Dallas

I have decided to get custom fit for new skates. I am heading  to Dallas at the end of the month and was going to get fit while up there. Here in Houston I have no options. A couple people recommended Total Hockey but now it looks like they have closed. 

Any other places where I can get a good fitter?

Thanks!

Total Hockey is still open and your best bet but I'm not sure what they can or cant do until the new deal is finalized.  I know they haven't been getting product regularly so not sure what they'll be able to do custom wise until everything is finalized.  Wouldn't hurt to call and ask the manager if they can still order customs. 

Hockey Giant in Plano is an okay-store.  I've had good experiences with their staff but I also know most of them.  Never inquired about getting customs or seen anyone get customs from them.

Hockey Giant is pretty much your only option now in Dallas.  Perani's closed last year and despite signs stating they were going to move to a new location, I don't believe anything came of that.  Now with Total Hockey (former Players Bench) leaving, Hockey Giant is it.

However, although not a custom skate fitter, be sure to check out Houston Hockey and Skate World... guy that opened it up previously managed the Sugar Land Ice pro shop.  Only place in town to walk in and get skates sharpened on the spot.

On August 7, 2016 at 11:05 PM, goblue9280 said:

Hockey Giant is pretty much your only option now in Dallas.  Perani's closed last year and despite signs stating they were going to move to a new location, I don't believe anything came of that.  Now with Total Hockey (former Players Bench) leaving, Hockey Giant is it.

However, although not a custom skate fitter, be sure to check out Houston Hockey and Skate World... guy that opened it up previously managed the Sugar Land Ice pro shop.  Only place in town to walk in and get skates sharpened on the spot.

I haven't heard of Houston hockey and skate world. I'll have to check it out. Thanks! It's just crazy how hard it is to find skates in a large size