Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tpedersen3118

What the helmet?!?

I swapped my visor for a cage last week and hated it just as much as I remembered. So naturally, I put my visor back on for this week and all of a sudden my helmet doesn't fit right! I didn't touch the adjustments at all, now I am getting a pressure point right in the middle of my forehead. Ive tried adjusting it looser and while it helps, it doesn't feel right on the rest of my head. Any idea for a solution? I can't imagine the visor all of a sudden pulling the helmet wider than before.

I've also been looking at a new bucket but don't necessarily NEED a new one ( I do like my 5100). I tried the Re Akt 75 and liked it, I also tried the Fitlite 60 and liked it too. As I understand it the Bauer is for an oval shaped head while the CCM is designed for those with a round head. If both fit well, how much stock do I put into the manufacturer suggestions? Also any problems with the Fitlite padding coming out? The Re Akt looks  and feels solid.

I'm in a similar boat with the helmets (have to get a new one to match my new team's colors) I had an IMS 7.0, but it never fit right. Obviously, try everything to see what fits best. What the manufacturer says isn't as important as what you feel on your head. I was looking at the custom Re - Akt 75, but if the IMS was no good, then I don't know if it'll fit.

Not really sure what to tell you with the fit going wrong after swapping to the cage. That's why I try not to mess with my equipment. 

Check the front/forehead screws. One or both may be too long so they poke through, or they're not screwed in straight so the post poking you in the head. Remove and reinstall carefully so as not to make matters any worse.