Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Truckie

I played in my Very first semi organized Hockey game tonight

I had the opportunity to Jump in on the weekly Firefighter league pick up game tonight.... $20 WELL SPENT.

I spent most of my time on my butt... I Played forward and had no idea where to play or how to keep up.. and even got my first dirty look from an opposing player ( skated up behind him and disrupted his stick as he was being passed to.) I did skate up with the puck on the breakout. and made a few passes. ( even a between the legs one touch pass/redirect to a forward breaking in the neutral zone.

All in all, I had a blast...

I am pretty sure I have to have my skates stretched and get the one arch knocked out, as pretty quickly I was hobbling up and down the Ice...I kept my shifts short and let the better guys...( Which was everybody else) get plenty of ice time.   The only down side was a fall at the end, where my arm got caught behind me as I went down... I was really expecting to break my arm or mess up my shoulder...          ( hand is swollen, arm was numb for a bit, will see how it feels in the morning.     Next up, My 1st Tuesday night Adult Hockey Class.  should be challenging but fun.

Howdy,

Woohoo!  Way to go.  :-)

Making some reasonable passes in your first game out sounds pretty darn good to me.  :-)

Hopefully your hand isn't actually hurt!

Mark

Top of hand swollen pretty good, but I  have full motion and grip... more waiting to see how bad shoulder Stiffens up after 24hours..it's not too bad so far...

On August 13, 2016 at 2:20 AM, Truckie said:

All in all, I had a blast...

The only thing that matters. Glad to hear you had good time. Keep enjoying the game and do sweat the little stuff. Good luck at you class!

Don't worry about the opposing players.  Be a good teammate and make crisp passes.  Be positive and it will turn most people around.  Most of all, have fun.

I just had my first pick up game last night. It was the first time playing a game in well over ten years. I had a blast, but I learned two things. 1) I really need to condition. 2 minute shift changes for 90 minutes was brutal. 2) I'm always wearing a cage. 15 minutes into my first game in 10 years someone wrapped a shaft around my face that would have taken all my teeth out.