Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Magua

Glove Fit Issue...Blisters/Abrasions

I bought a nice pair of Easton Pro gloves (13") several months ago and have been having issuing with them: chiefly blistering and skin abrasions. I know this is not normal. They aren't expensive expensive, but they're modestly pricey and the padding is solid. It's not some paper thin material. And I don't have difficulty shooting/stickhandling wearing them. They're very comfy...except when my skin is being ripped off or blisters forming. They pop up all over yet: outside/bottom of thumb abrasion, inside thumb blisters, inside finger abrasion, inside finger blister, bottom finger/top palm. Both hands yet, though differing spots. I have to tape my fingers and am constantly nursing them. Sometimes it's a bother, other times it makes it so I can't play. I'm trying to get to the bottom of this b/c it's driving me nuts. 

My hands might be slightly on the smaller end of the 13" spectrum, so I'm wondering if this 4-roll style glove simply has too much room for me. I am a 13" glove, but perhaps this style in this brand leaves too much space to cause friction. Do you think I should investigate a tapered or anatomical fit (like Vapor or Supreme style)? Which, if so? I know it's a preference thing, but I'm asking if it would help not rip my hands apart. That's all I care about. Should I try something other than Easton too if I go this route...say Bauer Vapor vs. Easton Stealth? Idk if anyone has had trouble with Easton. If I'm going to spend some more $$ on gloves, I want to know that this is the issue and that there's a remedy.

Did you buy them new? If not maybe something was done to the gloves to cause it to irritate your hands. If new then I'd say it is a stitching or a construction issue, it's really unusual to have as many problems as you list for a pair of gloves. Do yourself a favour and dump them asap, find yourself a good pair of Bauer pro 4 rolls if you like a loose fit or vapour / stealth for a tight fit or an underated glove that can often be found at a good price are ccm 4 roll pros.

Stealth fits tighter than vapour, both are nice gloves if you like that fit (I currently wear apx2 pros and have had apx, rs and rs2 gloves) but the palms in the vapours are WAY more durable than those used in the stealth line.

Yes, I bought them new. 

I'm thinking I want to just avoid 4-roll style gloves. Not to say another brand, another glove might not help, but I would rather try my luck with a tapered or anatomical fit. Tighter fit would probably give me the best chance of my fingers not sliding. What about Supreme or Synergy gloves? Perhaps an all around tight fit would be an even better option. Vapors and similar fit gloves are tight in be fingers too so idk....

The Bauer Supreme, CCM QRT, STX Surgeons and Easton Synergy gloves are all current tighter fitting gloves. You could also consider the Warrior QRL and Bauer Vapor lines - they're tapered gloves - not as tight as some of the others, but more form fitting than 4-rolls. Just go to a few stores and try on as much as you can to see which ones feel best on your hands.

On 8/17/2016 at 2:27 PM, Magua said:

Yes, I bought them new. 

I'm thinking I want to just avoid 4-roll style gloves. Not to say another brand, another glove might not help, but I would rather try my luck with a tapered or anatomical fit. Tighter fit would probably give me the best chance of my fingers not sliding. What about Supreme or Synergy gloves? Perhaps an all around tight fit would be an even better option. Vapors and similar fit gloves are tight in be fingers too so idk....

I found the Supremes to be a bit more snug than the Vapors.