Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bakum

CCM Jetspeed Skate Sizing

Anybody currently using the latest model Jetspeed and can give me an idea of the sizing? I'm a 10D in Bauer Vapor and I found a good deal on a pair of CCM Jetspeeds which are a 9.5D. I'm curious what other peoples experience with these are. I was hoping to get to the LHS to size them out before buying but I may not be able to.

I was in an 8D in Vapors, (7.5 was just a little too small for me).  I'm currently in 7D Jetspeeds and the length is perfect.  Jetspeeds fit on the bigger side, (comparable to RBZ).  For comparison, 7.5 in a Ribcor 50k was a little tight on me and 7.5 in a Supreme MX3 was very tight.

2 hours ago, vinprun71 said:

I agree that a half size down from Bauer Vapor/Supreme to the CCM Jetspeed would be appropriate. I'm personally a 8.5D in Supreme and 8D in Jetspeed.

This seems to be the general consensus on these skates. Obviously all fits are different for different people but I think I may be good with the 9.5 in Jetspeeds. Thanks for the replies from everybody.

2 hours ago, Bakum said:

This seems to be the general consensus on these skates. Obviously all fits are different for different people but I think I may be good with the 9.5 in Jetspeeds. Thanks for the replies from everybody.

Can you return once you buy it? I would definitely look into this a little more or even try a pair in local store.  I feel that JetSpeeds have a longer big-toe area. So if your big-toe is longer than the rest of the toes, you will find the skates too small. If your big-toe is shorter than the second toes, I think you will be good to go. In all reality, I would think you need to get 10D in JetSpeeds. It is possible to punch out the  toebox if all fails, but it is an extra expense that might make it not worth your while.

2 minutes ago, Kgbeast said:

Can you return once you buy it? I would definitely look into this a little more or even try a pair in local store.  I feel that JetSpeeds have a longer big-toe area. So if your big-toe is longer than the rest of the toes, you will find the skates too small. If your big-toe is shorter than the second toes, I think you will be good to go. In all reality, I would think you need to get 10D in JetSpeeds. It is possible to punch out the  toebox if all fails, but it is an extra expense that might make it not worth your while.

I decided that I wasn't buying them until verifying the fit. It's from a private seller but the skates are new so if I buy them, i'm not going to be able to return. I'm still hesitant to switch brands also since I have been wearing Bauer pretty much forever but these Jetspeeds seem like a great skate.

3 minutes ago, Bakum said:

I decided that I wasn't buying them until verifying the fit. It's from a private seller but the skates are new so if I buy them, i'm not going to be able to return. I'm still hesitant to switch brands also since I have been wearing Bauer pretty much forever but these Jetspeeds seem like a great skate.

If you grew up with Bauer, one more concern would be the forward pitch and length of the blade. Some Bauer users report difficulty in adjusting as much as inability to hockey-stop. Once again, this can be fixed with profiling, but again, I am not sure if extra expense and hassle will worth the "good deal".  On this point however, some think that it is more beneficial to get used to SpeedBlade holder as it offers a more of a effortless skating, although it is very subjective as you'd think. 

21 minutes ago, Kgbeast said:

If you grew up with Bauer, one more concern would be the forward pitch and length of the blade. Some Bauer users report difficulty in adjusting as much as inability to hockey-stop. Once again, this can be fixed with profiling, but again, I am not sure if extra expense and hassle will worth the "good deal".  On this point however, some think that it is more beneficial to get used to SpeedBlade holder as it offers a more of a effortless skating, although it is very subjective as you'd think. 

The speedblade holder and the LS EDGE both have that raised design compared to my current LS2 holder. I'm anticipating a learning curve with any new skates I buy. The other skates i'm looking at is the x100's Vapors which I know would fit and would almost be a direct upgrade from my current x:60's. Pending the fit, i'm leaning more with the CCM's though. Also, I noticed that runner replacement over the life of the skate on the CCM is WAY cheaper. Even to replace using Hyperglide steal which I'm presuming is CCM's high-end steal is cheaper than LS3 from Bauer.

On 8/31/2016 at 7:32 PM, Bakum said:

Just tried these on at my LHS. The 9.5 fit is perfect. It felt so good laced up. I think I'm sold.

Once you get a chance to skate in them, let us know what you think.  I recently made the switch from Vapor x7.0 to Jetspeed 300.  I'd like to see if our experiences are similar.

Just now, TwoFour said:

Once you get a chance to skate in them, let us know what you think.  I recently made the switch from Vapor x7.0 to Jetspeed 300.  I'd like to see if our experiences are similar.

Will do. I pick them up on Sunday. I asked around a lot surrounding these because the liner seems so cheap compared to the Bauer Hydramax but everybody told me that the CCM will hold up real well but that it stains your socks red. 

And stains your laces, everyone I know in ccms that is using white laces ends up with pink laces! I have some jetspeeds coming in 2 weeks and will report back how I find them compared to my apx2's and mx3's (and TO's, NXG's, G5's, Makos - having skated in all of these over the last 4 years).

As to skating in a different brand or even model, if your skills aren't good enough you will struggle. If they are good enough you should adapt quickly and be at least around 80% capacity after a short skate.

2 hours ago, Vet88 said:

And stains your laces, everyone I know in ccms that is using white laces ends up with pink laces! I have some jetspeeds coming in 2 weeks and will report back how I find them compared to my apx2's and mx3's (and TO's, NXG's, G5's, Makos - having skated in all of these over the last 4 years).

As to skating in a different brand or even model, if your skills aren't good enough you will struggle. If they are good enough you should adapt quickly and be at least around 80% capacity after a short skate.

I actually have a pair of unused black waxed laces I am going to put in them as well. I don't want pink laces heh.

as far as the skating, I don't anticipate anything drastic such as not being able to skate at all. There will be a different feel where I may be a little less balanced but it shouldn't be anything that would last beyond maybe a solid sessions on the ice. I'm pretty stoked to get them and  get them broken in. Playing a tourney next Friday-Sunday so they will get used for sure.

I know you already got them, but to add to the data pool I'm a 9.5 in vapors and a 9 in jetspeeds.

Just in case anyone ever looks up the thread with the same question. Haha.

And I'm a 6 in Supremes and a 5.5 in Jetspeed.

Note to all who read this onwards, super tacks and anything from 2017 onwards will have a different sizing where Bauer and CCM lines should be the same size. Real shame for me as in the pre 2017 CCM lines I can get a top of the line skate (same spec as seniors) for junior prices :)

On 9/3/2016 at 5:21 AM, kmfdm86 said:

I know you already got them, but to add to the data pool I'm a 9.5 in vapors and a 9 in jetspeeds.

Just in case anyone ever looks up the thread with the same question. Haha.

Right on. I had the same result. I'm a .5 size smaller in Jetspeeds compared to vapor.

I definitely need to get these baked because I have 3 games this coming weekend to break them in. It's a local tourney for Face Off Against Cancer. Includes a Flyers Alumni game. I'm pretty excited.

First skate on these was great. Little tightness in the left skate just before the arch on my foot but after about 15 min I didn't even notice.

What I did notice was the holder height increase. It took a minute to adjust my stride but about 10 min into the session it was no longer noticeable. The heel lock is no joke too. These things fit as if they were an actual part of your body. I felt like I was flying around but that because I was only 1 of 3 people on the ice. 

Overall I like them a lot and no pain after a 1st session I would say is a good sign that they will work out well.

I went from Vapor x7.0 size 8D to Jetspeed 300 size 7D.  I got my Jetspeeds profiled +1 to better match the pitch of the Vapors.  From the ankle bone down the Jetspeeds fit absolutely perfectly.  They feel better than the vapors.  But, I prefer the Vapors from the ankle up.  The vapors have better lateral ankle support while still allowing forward flex.  It took me 5 or 6 games to figure out that if I skip the second eyelet in the Jetspeeds, I can get decent forward flex while still having some lateral support.  All in all, I really like the Jetspeeds and recommend them.

On September 9, 2016 at 8:00 PM, TwoFour said:

I went from Vapor x7.0 size 8D to Jetspeed 300 size 7D.  I got my Jetspeeds profiled +1 to better match the pitch of the Vapors.  From the ankle bone down the Jetspeeds fit absolutely perfectly.  They feel better than the vapors.  But, I prefer the Vapors from the ankle up.  The vapors have better lateral ankle support while still allowing forward flex.  It took me 5 or 6 games to figure out that if I skip the second eyelet in the Jetspeeds, I can get decent forward flex while still having some lateral support.  All in all, I really like the Jetspeeds and recommend them.

I also adjusted for forward flex as well by keeping them a little more loose on the 2nd and 3rd eyelet. I played 3 games in two days on them this weekend so by yesterday's morning game I had them how I like them.

I know this is an old thread, but I'm planning on buying the Jetspeed's tomorrow. They're on sale for $399.99. I've been a Vapor user for years. I'm using the x7.0's right now and they're worn out big time. I've tried skating in a Supreme a few weeks ago and I just couldn't get going like I can in Vapor's, I don't know what it is. Agility wise, Vapor's are better for me than Supreme's. How are the Jetspeed's agility/performance wise compared to Vapor's?

I tried them on this afternoon and a size 6D fit me. My Bauer X7.0's are 7D. I put the skates on hold for a few days haha.