Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Utterkaos94

Skate fit profile similar to Nexus with narrower heel

Hey guys,

So I'm looking to get some new skates, and I'm trying to find something with the forefoot and toe box profile of Nexus, but with a narrower heel. Are there any skates that match this?

Have you tried the lastest generation Nexus?

I went from the previous model to the new model (N9000) and the heel was noticeably narrower. 

I am in the same boat. I find Nexus good instep and front volume, but loose in the heel. If you look at what is in stores today, I do not think you can find anything that has Nexus volume in front and a tighter heel. I think the only brand that had that is Graf and maybe CCM RBZ, but with them not being offered in stores it can be hit or miss even if you find your size on line which is not likely at this point. I do have Graf Supra 535S and they are pretty close to what I need, but they are a touch to tight mid-foot and took some time to break in, but feel very good now. Even though, I do not need new skates, I was drooling over Graf PeakSpeed ever since they became available at HockeyMonkey a couple of weeks ago.  I have ordered a pair earlier out of my addiction.... So once I get them I will comeback and comment. They look like a pretty well designed line and offer many nice features. If they fit right, It might be a pretty solid option for you.  

CCM Super Tacks is an amazing skate, but I would not put it on par for fit to the Bauer Nexus.  It's closer to the Bauer Supreme.  Slightly wider in the forefoot than the Supreme, but narrower than the Nexus.  However, if OP can fit in a CCM Super Tacks, I would go for it, cause Super Tacks is really just a fantastic feel; if it fits.  CCM RBZ (if you can still find it) fits more like the typical Nexus boot, and 1st gen CCM Tacks has a nice tight heel, but a wide forefoot with a decent amount of volume.