Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stephen7

Is anyone here still using the classic Coffey pattern?

We used to get a lot of requests for this pattern, particularly players in Canada, and also beer leaguers. I know it's an old pattern, but anyone still using it here? 

I don't use it but there is a guy on my team who still orders that pattern online. He gets like 3 sticks at a time for $60 or so.

Developing a Coffey with modern technology would be the goal here. Sherwood had released this but I believe they stopped, at least in tapered blades as far as I know.

That guy I play with is old school man. He's in his mid-40's so he just sticks with what he knows. I know he tried that Composite Coffey that looked exactly like the wood ones but it snapped and he went back to the wood. Last wood stick I used was the old Bauer Supreme 3030 with the Lindros curve. Great stick but after like 5 games the blade was so soft, it was brutal.

2 hours ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

Personally I think that current composite technology and shooting styles has rendered the Coffey all but useless.

Aside from knowing the Coffey was an enormous meat hook I would steer clear of in my younger days, I don't remember much about it. Would you mind expanding on how new technology and shooting techniques rendered it useless?

I still use it. I have Rekker sticks with it. Also an older composite stick and a wooden stick. I've been shooting it for the past 25 years. I'd be really bummed if they stopped producing that curve.

I was a Coffey user when I was playing. Preferred the Sherwood woody stick over the Easton Z-Bubbles and other two-piecers. I quit playing probably shortly before they really started rolling out the OPS or at least before they were common. When I got back into Hockey though, I found it was pretty unusable.

I don't know anyone who still uses the Coffey curve, aside from old guys and dudes who like wood sticks. Don't think there is much of a market for a compo one.