Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tyler0630

WEIRD - Ripped through both skates at the same time

First post in a long time...  researching what new skates I want to get due to this....

I Stepped on the ice for the first time in a couple years today and I was wearing my CCM vector U+ from about 2008ish.  They were in a climate controlled storage locker while I was living/working in Kauai, HI. 

Just wanted to share photos of both toe caps breaking in the same exact spot after my 3rd shift this afternoon.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-jT4qwky-3peHhHMExCLTNmQU0/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-jT4qwky-3pMjFFd2NHeDY5Rm8/view?usp=sharing

What's happen on your shoes?
I can't understand why it went like this even though you stored it in certain climate controlled storage.

Did you have an ice time with these skates?? So dangerous.

14 minutes ago, jgold47 said:

toecaps must have degraded over time.  Become brittle and cracked under stress.  That or you have super strong ogre toes!

Very weird,, coulda been  those toenails....

I did the exact same thing a few years ago on my first skate, after a long layoff. I borrowed a pair of backup skates from a guy on the team that I was about to join, which he had not worn in years. I guess something happens when you do not wear the skates for a long time, after having used them for a long time. I do not understand the science of it, but when I shared the experience here, some people were not surprised.

20 hours ago, Truckie said:

Very weird,, coulda been  those toenails....

I'm kicking myself for not reading the comments BEFORE clicking the links.