Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ouhockeyplayer

CCM Super Tacks Baking Question

I had my new CCM Super Tacks baked today and noticed post baking that the carbon fiber looked odd and you could feel very slight ridges in it.  The boots were only slightly warm but not as warm as when I usually get skates baked.  The shop employee mentioned that CCM does not recommend getting the boot very hot at all when I questioned the warmth.  Below is a pic of what the boot looked like on the outside by where my big toe starts.  Does this look normal?

IMG_4291_zpstuedgenp.jpg

It looks like something that was there before baking. Perhaps just some shite that got in between layers. Should not affect strength or performance. I think you should send this pic to CCM and see what they say.

I've got the same kind of thing on my skates ( not sure if it was there before baking) but it doesn't seem as bad as yours.

Thanks everyone.  I'm going to shoot them an email to get their opinion on it just to be safe.  Plus it doesn't hurt to have documentation in case an issue ever occurs.  I noticed something similar on my demo skates but not as pronounced, but I am sure there are manufacturing variations that contribute to how it looks.  

On 9/13/2016 at 9:06 AM, ouhockeyplayer said:

Thanks everyone.  I'm going to shoot them an email to get their opinion on it just to be safe.  Plus it doesn't hurt to have documentation in case an issue ever occurs.  I noticed something similar on my demo skates but not as pronounced, but I am sure there are manufacturing variations that contribute to how it looks.  

Thanks for everyone's comments on this, @ouhockeyplayer reached out to me directly to get more info, so i thought I would share here. Lots of comments in this thread were accurate.

As i explained to him, it is a natural form (or overlap) that can be seen when using real carbon fiber and twisting it into shapes to make sports equipment. You can often see this in high performance bikes, tennis racquets and ski boots, as examples. To a certain extent, it proves real carbon fiber is being used.

Most importantly, performance and stiffness are maintained, zero negative effect. The skates that were tested with players in the CHL and CIS in the two years prior to launch all had the same form and performance was always top.

Hope this helps. Thanks.