Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

72-80 HiLo Availability?

Due to my tiny feet (I wear size 6D) I am still not happy with the new 76-80 HiLo system that is around. The front wheel protrudes so much that it impedes my skating. I alleviated some of the problem by moving the frame back as far as the outsole will allow, but I would love to go back to the 72-80 HiLo System. The problem is that I am having a heck of a time finding them.

My question: Does anyone have any 72-80 HiLo frames laying around that you wouldn't mind getting rid of?

Can probably find something on eBay cheap although I don't know how high end you're going to get. Might also consider trying to find some mom & pop shops and call them to see what they have for inventory?

Size 6D would probably be too small for the frame I have. I have TUUk Shifter XL 72/80 that was pulled off a pair of Bauer Vapor XL's, size 11.5. 

4 hours ago, Justin 1933 said:

Let me check at home.  I may have some old, but new chassis floating around.

I can only imagine some of the stuff you might have sitting around!

I used to have a ton of stuff.  Not a lot anymore.   I do still have a pair of original VSI Team skates, lots of pants, a buttload of sublimated jerseys (need to sell these).

I see I am not the only one in this boat.  I have tried to get used to the all 80 set up to no success after a year plus of playing several hours week. I tried returning to an all 76 set up but felt to flat footed.  So I dug out an old pair of tacks(6.5 in size)that have the 72/80 set up and going to give them a go.

There is a size 4 and a size 8 ccm externo skates on eBay.  I believe they had the 72/80 set up on them.

I put 80807676 on my straight 80 chassis like a bespoke Hilo set up.

It settled the balance down and made a big difference for me comfort wise, I never went back to using all 80mm wheels before I replaced those skates a few moths back