Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TwoFour

ccm SB+4.0 torque spec

I believe these retainers are designed to bottom out on each other. The torque spec in that case would follow standard schedule based on thread size and material. For example 8-32 hardware made out of standard stainless steel would be around 19 in-lb. I belive that that is what CCM uses on these holders, but you need to verify the size. On the other hand, all it needs to be is snug. They put blue threadlocker on them from factory, if you do not have that, get blue Locktite from a hardware store and apply on the screws.

Mine were loose when I got them brand new. Just check them and tighten them up but don't force it beyond where you think it should be.

These screws are a joke.  I have bought 2 replacements already for my kids skate, last game a kid lost both halves onto ice.  Both had loc tite.  

On 10/5/2016 at 5:41 PM, mnpucker said:

These screws are a joke.  I have bought 2 replacements already for my kids skate, last game a kid lost both halves onto ice.  Both had loc tite.  

Lost as in, they broke? Or just came loose and fell out?

On 2016-10-07 at 3:22 PM, mnpucker said:

They came loose and fell out.  I see it all the time, they are also kind of a B to get lined up and screwed back in too.

If one screw has fallen out, be sure to loosen the other one first.  Install the front first and then the back should be easier with the oval shaped holes.

On 2016-10-07 at 3:22 PM, mnpucker said:

They came loose and fell out.  I see it all the time, they are also kind of a B to get lined up and screwed back in too.

If one screw has fallen out, be sure to loosen the other one first.  Install the front first and then the back should be easier with the oval shaped holes.