Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marcus

Curves

Which curve would be better for a sniper winger.P28 or P88. Want a curve with good control top shelf and a pretty fast release, I am using a 1S. Any advice:smile:

Assuming the P28 is a version of the E28, I haven't used it in a game scenario, so it's hard to comment. I think with that toe pattern it will be accurate as hell once you're used to it. Seems like it may be harder to get a ton of power off of though.  

Personally, I love the W88 (warrior version of the p88). It's the best all around blade I've found for my play style, personally. It's not super exaggerated in any one way so I find it highly adaptable in any situation. Great for backhanders too.

It so much personal pref because more goes into it than just the curve - lie and rocker is a big thing.  That being said the P88 is a more well balanced stick and the P28 is more of a wrist shot sniper pattern.

4 hours ago, Marcus said:

Which curve would be better for a sniper winger.P28 or P88. Want a curve with good control top shelf and a pretty fast release, I am using a 1S. Any advice:smile:

I have always used a mid curve, with True its the MC and with most everyone else something close to the P88 or the P88 itself. Good for snapshots and backhands. That being said, some players that are amazing forwards tend to use sticks with insane curves, like Alexander Ovechkin. Other like Kane and Crosby use a more mile mid curve, like the P88. 

I play center and right wing. I prefer a blade that allows me to get off a quick shot or a good backhand. Too much curve makes backhand shots a bit more difficult to control. 

In the end, it's all personal preference. It just the same as stick length. There is no one right length. Everyone is different. 

17 hours ago, kyleo29 said:

Skip both and get a heel wedge like a drury curve.  

I'll be honest, the  P91A just has never worked for me. I know many swear by it (seems to have a dual lie) but I can't get controlled quick shots off with it. 

1 hour ago, Nicholas G said:

I'll be honest, the  P91A just has never worked for me. I know many swear by it (seems to have a dual lie) but I can't get controlled quick shots off with it. 

Yeah it took a lot of shots going 5 feet over the net before i got used to it. But its a personal preference, i can shoot harder and more accurate with a wedge than i ever could with the e28 or gionta.

If you're looking for a fast release, I would first suggest changing sticks.  If you're stuck on Bauer, switch to a Vapor which are built for quick releases, otherwise look at the Ribcor or Covert lines.

I'm not sure which is funnier, the initial question or the attempted responses. The only thing I'm aware of that can make one a sniper is this:

Image result for sniper rifle

2 hours ago, chippa13 said:

I'm not sure which is funnier, the initial question or the attempted responses. The only thing I'm aware of that can make one a sniper is this:

The NRA approves your post!

6 hours ago, chippa13 said:

That and the ability to make a few ballistic calculations on the fly. My friend was a sniper in the Israeli military, an assignment he won after doing well on their quick math test.

Sorry to disappoint you, but nobody can answer your question. Blade pattern selection is 100% personal preference. The only way to figure it out is to try different curves and see what you like. Here are some ways you could go about that:

-Buy a shaft in the correct flex and a few different blades. You can swap out the blades to see which one you prefer, and it's less expensive than buying several one-piece sticks

-Try out your friends' sticks at stick and puck, or in a game if they'll let you. Just don't be slash-happy...

-Buy a one-piece stick and see if you like it. If not, sell it online and buy another one. The classic "trial and error" method, although it is expensive and tedious.

-Find a hockey store with a shooting booth and try out different curves there

-Book a Base Hockey shooting analysis / fitting session, where you can try out all the patterns you want. Your shot will be analyzed with high-speed video to see how your current stick setup works for you, and the fitter will build you a recommended setup to see how you like it. No obligation to buy a stick.

Hope that helps!

On 10/2/2016 at 9:20 PM, Nicholas G said:

I have always used a mid curve, with True its the MC and with most everyone else something close to the P88 or the P88 itself. Good for snapshots and backhands. That being said, some players that are amazing forwards tend to use sticks with insane curves, like Alexander Ovechkin. Other like Kane and Crosby use a more mile mid curve, like the P88. 

I play center and right wing. I prefer a blade that allows me to get off a quick shot or a good backhand. Too much curve makes backhand shots a bit more difficult to control. 

In the end, it's all personal preference. It just the same as stick length. There is no one right length. Everyone is different. 

You should try using some of your friend's sticks and see what works for you. When I lived in MN there was a shop that used to get demo sticks from manufacturers. They would authorize a credit card for the stick and loan it out for testing to players. It was a pretty cool thing and something I have never seen or experienced since. As long as you returned the stick, broken or not, you didn't get charged. They also had an indoor shooting area where you could play around with those sticks as well. If I ever open a shop (have been seriously considering it, since in Seattle we have crap for shops) I would do the same thing in having an area where people could test sticks before buying. 

On 10/4/2016 at 2:23 PM, chippa13 said:

That rifle can make a shooter. A whole lot more goes into being a Sniper by military standards.

Not sure why you chose to be him. You made fun of everyone and then posted the same thing as everyone else. A stick and curve don't make you a sniper and a rifle doesn't make you a sniper.