Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Troubadour

CCM SB Black runner weight

I just bought the Ribcor 50Ks, someone had mentioned that the SB Black runners were abnormally heavy compared to other runners. Just curious how much truth there is to that. I can't seem to find any weight specs anywhere on any runners.

If anything I imagine it's a difference of maybe like 25 grams or something that isn't a huge deal.

1 hour ago, jimmy said:

That is not true, they are the same as their regular steel.

That is where I am at with it. The skates are only 110 grams heavier than the Superfast's, at 910 v. 780. I also find it a bit hard to believe that they are heavier than other CCM steel.

I was just hoping to find some meaningful statistics. Even if they are for some reason heavier, I doubt it's by much.

Weight would depend on length of the runner... so is the weight of the skate will depend on its size.

I wear 10.5 size in Graf skates and my runners (size 288) are 129 grams vs. 121 grams advertised for what I believe size 8.

My skate weight 904g in size 10.5, vs advertised 820 in size 8. I believe Bauer advertises weight without runners. Not sure about CCM.

The SB Black steel is exactly the same height, thickness and shape as SB stainless and Hyperblades. I don't have a scael with grams here but they weight exactly the same on my postal scale.

16 hours ago, jimmy said:

The SB Black steel is exactly the same height, thickness and shape as SB stainless and Hyperblades. I don't have a scael with grams here but they weight exactly the same on my postal scale.

That's what I figured. I didn't take much credence into it when I heard it.

17 hours ago, Kgbeast said:

Weight would depend on length of the runner... so is the weight of the skate will depend on its size.

I wear 10.5 size in Graf skates and my runners (size 288) are 129 grams vs. 121 grams advertised for what I believe size 8.

My skate weight 904g in size 10.5, vs advertised 820 in size 8. I believe Bauer advertises weight without runners. Not sure about CCM.

Well yeah, obviously, the more material the more weight. I was just looking for like a base line. Either way I am pretty sure this was just a silly claim some guy made. It appears to have no basis in truth. Even if there was a difference, I'd imagine it's like 135g compared to 129g. Nothing monumental. 

22 hours ago, jimmy said:

Step brand SB black steel is taller, that would be heavier, not crazy heavier but heavier, perhaps 10%.

3 hours ago, Cavs019 said:

This is really a question of whether or not you can tell the difference between squatting 200 vs. 201 pounds. :biggrin:

Correct, do some legs lift each night and one can build the awesome strength required to move an extra 2 oz.