Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marcus

Sticks

Hi I am looking for a new stick and need a bit of advice. I am currently using a Bauer total one NXG. I am looking at the 1x 1n 1s but can't really figure out what's best for me. I am a winger that likes to skate down the wing and take a big wrist shot, I also stickhandle a lot. I occasionally take a clapper but not to often, same with one timers occasionally. Any advice is appreciated Thanks

On 10/12/2016 at 6:45 PM, Marcus said:

Hi I am looking for a new stick and need a bit of advice. I am currently using a Bauer total one NXG. I am looking at the 1x 1n 1s but can't really figure out what's best for me. I am a winger that likes to skate down the wing and take a big wrist shot, I also stickhandle a lot. I occasionally take a clapper but not to often, same with one timers occasionally. Any advice is appreciated Thanks

You're looking at some pricey sticks. Any specific reason you can't go with a lower line? If anything, I would go with pro stock sticks if you want the best of the best without breaking the bank. Also, if you can find the Sher-Wood EK15 Rekker for a good deal that's an awesome stick. I have seen them as low as $70 bucks and its a $270 stick. Light as a feather. Nice low kick.

Get yourself a 1N. That's going to be the best for you. Look at sidelineswap.com or eBay for one and you'll pay almost a 1/3rd of the retail price. It's durable, has a better wrist shot than any of the 1Xs I've owned (mind you I've had 5 1xs and 8 1ns). It plays soft in my opinion but is one of the best sticks I've used. True sticks aren't bad but I watched mine get destroyed after only a couple games. I had a 5.2 pro stock and 1 game deep I had ridiculous damage after non existent contact. 

i really have enjoyed my time with the EK15 as well, and you can get them for a great deal if you find your flex/pattern/etc. Its been between that and my old 11k for which stick has been the most durable for me. Ive only skated with the QRL for a single skate, but in terms of performance its been the most impressive to me to date, especially for wristers.

On 2016-10-13 at 3:54 PM, tpedersen3118 said:

You likely want a low kick stick, go with the 1X if you are stuck on Bauer. 

most times yes this is correct, but not for everyone. shooting mechanics/hand positions also play a part. everyone told me and all my homework etc pointed me to the vapour line but i couldn't use it. i had way more success with the supreme line.

On 2016-10-13 at 11:58 PM, fatwabbit said:

Ever thought of trying something else besides Bauer?

True Hockey makes some pretty good sticks.

i religiously use bauer for everything and used the supreme sticks for a number of years ..... i found my 6.0 / 5.2 to have way more pop and keep it longer as well

i'd maybe give the 1N a go if you wanna stick with Bauer. the 1x may be too big of difference ... at least that was my experience