Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kac1

Bauer Helmet Question

I am currently looking at purchasing either the re-akt or the re-akt 100 helmet. Do you guys feel the re-akt 100 is worth the extra money over the original re-akt? I have tried both helmets on and they fit equally well. For those of you that have the original re-akt, has there been any durability issues?

People say that the 100 isn't as protective? I don't know; I use the 100 in a non-checking league so it doesn't matter to me. As for price differences, I bought it through the LHS employee purchase program at the shop I work at so it was significantly cheaper.

I have the Bauer Re-Akt 75 Hockey Helmet Combo with a cage and it's perfectly fine. I think the extra cost for the 100 series is a waste unless you plan to get hit hard all the time. You can also find the IMS 11.0 for a good deal as well and that is a great helmet. 

Also, if you like the look of the Re-Akt, but prefer VN foam, the IMS 9.0 is a great bucket with the same shell as the Re-Akt 100 (minus the occipital adjustment) the Re-Akt 75 is an updated 7500.