Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VegasHockey

Suggestions on how to fix this? Sherwood Rekker EK15 something loose inside..?

So the other day I used one of my new Rekkers and in the middle of the game I noticed something weird. Like a strange vibration. After the game, I inspected the stick and everything looked fine but when I shook it I could hear a sound, like glue or fiberglass, something was loose inside. I turned it upside down and nothing came out. I use a snake to inspect the bottom and it seems whatever is loose is between the shaft and the blade. Unfortunately, the fiberglass resin blocks me from getting to that area to remove whatever it is. Sher-Wood said they will give me a replacement and to break the stick and mail it in. Seems excessive to break the stick just to mail it back. They have also seen the video and the pictures from the snake scope. Does anyone have an idea of what I can do to maybe fix this? I thought maybe it was glue or resin I could heat up and bond but that attempt failed and I am cautious about applying too much heat or it will ruin the stick, not that it matters anyway, but I don't want to break it.

https://goo.gl/photos/N8GVWJQuSMSyXpum6

Howdy,

" Sher-Wood said they will give me a replacement and to break the stick and mail it in. "

Um... If Sher-Wood is telling you this, why wouldn't you just do it?

Mark

Just now, marka said:

Howdy,

" Sher-Wood said they will give me a replacement and to break the stick and mail it in. "

Um... If Sher-Wood is telling you this, why wouldn't you just do it?

Mark

I'd like to see if I could fix it before I spend the money to mail it back. Structurally, the stick is fine. It just that dang annoying sounds/feeling of the rattle that's driving me bonkers. 

14 minutes ago, Nicholas G said:

I'd like to see if I could fix it before I spend the money to mail it back. Structurally, the stick is fine. It just that dang annoying sounds/feeling of the rattle that's driving me bonkers. 

Not sure how would you fix it. You can not drill a hole in it and pump some resin in, this will surely compromise the strength of the shaft. Not sure if pouring resin down the shaft will get to te loose piece to lock it in. You might be an SOL on the diy fix here.

Honestly if you were thinking it was worth the effort to try to fix it, then in my opinion it's worth the $10 to send it in. My time is valuable. 

9 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Honestly if you were thinking it was worth the effort to try to fix it, then in my opinion it's worth the $10 to send it in. My time is valuable. 

Agreed. I went ahead and broke the blade and cut it into 5 pieces and will mail it back tomorrow. 

mines had a rattle pretty much the whole time ive had it, I just ignore it, I dont even notice it while playing, maybe just on the way to the locker room.

6 hours ago, Stewie said:

mines had a rattle pretty much the whole time ive had it, I just ignore it, I dont even notice it while playing, maybe just on the way to the locker room.

Honestly, I think the biggest problem is my OCD  causing issues. I would constantly think about the rattle while playing and my mind made it a bigger deal than it really is. It's not like I am in the NHL and tied to contracts and such. It's just annoying when a new stick, especially an expensive one, has a defect. Or maybe it was an enhancement ;)