Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pody37

Best places in Europe to watch a game

Hey Guys and Girls,

So every couple of years me and my girlfriend try to take a holiday somewhere in Europe for a long weekend and to catch a hockey game. I'm starting to plan the next trip, but was hoping some people could give me some recommendations for good places to go that also have good teams to watch. So far we have been to Koln, Prague, Helsinki, Munich and Riga.

I'm thinking the best hockey will be in Sweden, Switzerland or in the KHL, so can anyone give any advice from places they've been to and have seen a game.

Thanks in advance.

Obviously I've seen some in Germany, but also caught a sold out game in Bratislava. The arena holds 14k+ and they are in the KHL too. Nov/Dec they have a very cute Christmas market in the city center too. Vienna is an hours drive, so you can fly into Vienna or even stay in Vienna and just visit Bratislava.

Personally I'd love to catch one in Kazakhstan or Moscow.

IRL my next non-DEL game will be NHL. Edmonton vs. Kings Dec. 29 in the new Roger's Place. :biggrin: 

Thanks for the replies guys.

I have been to Bratislava in the summer so think we will have to go somewhere new, but would love to catch a game there one day.

StinkyPinky - Rogers Place will be amazing! The last game I went to was watching the Penguins in Pittsburgh...its a whole other level!!

I think we may be going for either Gothenburg or Copenhagen and getting the bus to Malmo for a game. If anyone has any ideas about these I would love to hear!

If the arena is important, then go to Malmö (SHL) , BUT if you want to se some more stuff than just good hockey, then you go to see Luleå hf in SHL.. Luleå is in the north of Sweden.. Much snow, arctic light allmost every night, good nightlife, plenty of good restaurants.. BUT most important, good hockey (my favourite team, so i'm biased ????) .. Luleå also have some players that played in NHL and AHL you might recognise (Brendan Mikkelson, Johan Harju, Tim Kennedy, Bill Sweatt, Kael Mouillierat , Craig Schira, Petter Emanuelsson and more) Luleå HF

Thanks for the replies guys. 

Belfast is a strong contender for a game. Would have loved to have been while Theo played!

Thanks for all that information Swede. I will definitely investigate Luleå.

Cheers!

I haven't been to a game in Rødovre, but that's probably the best hockey in the Copenhagen area. It's easy to get to from the city, just hop on the 6A bus and you're there. It's pretty close to the suburban train line as well I believe. It's not the level of the SHL, but there are some NHLers that have come out of that organization, most notably Lars Eller and Mikkel Bødker. Technically, it looks like both of them played for Rødovre's Division 2 team and not the elite when both were teenagers prior to going abroad to reach the next level. The best Danes are trained abroad, but there's still decent hockey here.