Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sean12Lawrence

Custom Building Roller Hockey Skates

I'm new to the forum but i have been playing competitive roller hockey for 12 years and I currently play D1 in the NCRHA for Robert Morris. I'm getting tired of roller hockey skates falling apart and mainly loosing their stiffness after a season (im very OCD about my gear)  and the prices for new high end skates are ridiculous. I just wanted to know if anyone has made a pair of skates (bought a boot and chassis separately). I saw Verbero offers a full composite skate boot for only $130 and i think i may but a magnesium chassis which is around $150. I feel like that combo would be as light and durable as possible. Being a college student I don't have the money for 1x skates but i want similar performance/ lightweight/ durability and I think composite is the best way to go. Anyone have any suggestions or past experience with this? Or any other product suggestions? Thanks.

If you want a stiff boot look at picking up a used pair of apx / apx2 boots. They come up on ebay for around $150 - $200, this is one boot that doesn't go soft and are really light and durable. Then do a conversion.