Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

davekind

What happened to Easton in the NHL?

I know Bauer bought Easton, but I see most of the Easton guys (Doughty, Neal, Parise) wearing Bauer branded stuff now.  Even their helmets are blacked out and the cuffs on their gloves are re-branded Bauer.  Is Easton only doing sticks now? 

Well They blackout the name brand if they have not paid a licensing fee to the NHL.  Sherwood is not gonna be an NHL sponsor this year...which means???

Locally we have a former Easton-Bell warehouse that had been rebranded to BRG group and last weekend on the drive to Chicago for games...The BRG group tag had been pressure washed off.  Not sure what it's going to become just yet...

I watched at couple Wild games.  Parise had a CCM helmet and gloves. Suter had his regular Easton helmet with no logo and Warrior gloves.  Might have changed recently.  That was a week or so ago.

Easton was bought by Bauer. They did not pay the fee for anything but sticks, so that's the only thing you'll see with an Easton logo on it. Likely won't be long before you don't see those either. 

Can't believe it, Jofa, Koho, TPS, Tackla and now Easton. It used to be such an iconic brand. Yzerman, Sakic, Gretzky, Kariya, Hull, they used to have all the best players using their gear. RIP Easton. Gonna hit up the hockey shop this weekend, gotta stack up on gloves and sticks before they're gone forever

30 minutes ago, lazyharpseal81 said:

Easton is still making protective. I saw some new Easton synergy protective stuff on hockey monkey earlier today. The new stuff looks kind of good.

I think that was more left over stock that was either already made or already ordered to be made before the take over.

2 hours ago, Hills said:

I think that was more left over stock that was either already made or already ordered to be made before the take over.

Yes. New arrivals does not mean New production. Monkey is always able to score some closeout stock deals... this is why they have the PeakSpeed skates from BK'd Graf Canada (also labeled as new arrivals)