Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kmfdm86

CCM FitLite 3DS

So I got a bonus at work and went out yesterday looking to pick up a new lid. I'm currently in a FitLite FL80 but it doesn't quite fit right around my temples, slightly too tight but fits well everywhere else.

I thought maybe it was the wrong shape for my head and went out expecting to pick up a Resistance or something rounder. 

Well, none of those fit me anywhere near right so I tried on the 3DS out of curiousity and holy crap, this thing is the most comfortable helmet I've ever had on my head. The microdial locks it in place comfortably with zero movement.

Anyone that's picked one up have any thoughts? Does it hold up well? It's expensive but for that level of comfort and fit I'm willing to go there.

12 minutes ago, kmfdm86 said:

So I got a bonus at work and went out yesterday looking to pick up a new lid. I'm currently in a FitLite FL80 but it doesn't quite fit right around my temples, slightly too tight but fits well everywhere else.

I thought maybe it was the wrong shape for my head and went out expecting to pick up a Resistance or something rounder. 

Well, none of those fit me anywhere near right so I tried on the 3DS out of curiousity and holy crap, this thing is the most comfortable helmet I've ever had on my head. The microdial locks it in place comfortably with zero movement.

Anyone that's picked one up have any thoughts? Does it hold up well? It's expensive but for that level of comfort and fit I'm willing to go there.

I have one and I love it.  It's very comfortable, extremely light, and fits my head shape profile extremely well.  I've only had it for about 3 months, so can't really comment on the durability yet, though it still seems brand new to me.  I also have a titanium fitlite cage which is awesome (was using a FM580 previously - and the fitlite cage seems very similar except much lighter with a better, more comfortable chin cup).  If I had any criticism for the helmet (and it's a tiny one), is that the lining doesn't absorb sweat very well.

9 minutes ago, GloriousLeader said:

Holly molly... CAD$300 for a bucket? I'm sure it's nice but man... I can't afford that.

Yeah, I wouldn't normally either. Got a $700 bonus and I have a gear problem. Haha. At least I didn't buy another stick. 

But in all seriousness, the lower end fitlites pinch my temples, and the helmets for rounder heads (ccm resistance and others) flop side to side even when they're tight enough to not move forwards or backwards.

I'm wondering if the sweat absorption is any better or worse than the FL80, because that one was pretty bad.

I've only tried it on for a bit but man was the helmet comfortable.  I wasn't big on the original fitlite for similar reasons as you, and wore a 11k before that. Will be picking one up when my current stable of 11/7/8k depletes

I've had mine since July. Extremely comfortable, most comfortable helmet I've had. Got slew footed 2 weeks ago near the boards. Any other helmet I've got a concussion as the back of my head was the first point of contact with the boards. Convinced the helmet saved me. For that alone it was worth every penny.

Get a No Sweat sweatband to stick inside the helmet and the sweat wet problem is solved. I use it inside my Re-Akt and they work great.