Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stewie

hockey Wraparound Ice

wondering if anyones seen this product yet. looks to me like they are in preorder mode for it. probably the most interested ive been in one of their products. like the move to plastic from metal, will be interesting to see the durability and performance.

https://hockeywraparound.us/collections/products/products/hockey-wrap-around-ice

Noticed it the other day on Facebook. I'm intrigued. I liked the Wraparound One, but I completely ate through it practicing outside once a week for a month. Would be awesome if it help up better than the old one.

10 hours ago, kmfdm86 said:

Noticed it the other day on Facebook. I'm intrigued. I liked the Wraparound One, but I completely ate through it practicing outside once a week for a month. Would be awesome if it help up better than the old one.

Since its release ive been skeptical of the durability and performance, and even the in game safety of the metal ones.

1 hour ago, Stewie said:

Since its release ive been skeptical of the durability and performance, and even the in game safety of the metal ones.

Yeah, I never used mine for games and I believe they recommend against it as its a good way to wreck it. I just used mine to practice stick handling, passing and wrist shots. 

I really liked the originals that were a bit thinner/lighter but haven't been a big fan of the recent One's. They weigh 90 grams, significantly adding weight to a composite stick and I totally lost the feel of the blade. I switched back to my two-piece with an ABS blade and never looked back. This new one has piqued my interest. 

On 11/15/2016 at 8:49 PM, kmfdm86 said:

Had the same experience with mine. Burned right through it in no time.