Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

TRUE Hockey to acquire VH Footwear

2 hours ago, trtaylor said:

All those Mako fans may get their wish. At least something closer than Bauer or (maybe) CCM were going to provide.

And speaking of, does anyone know where Dave Cruikshank ended up?

His LinkedIn says he's still doing DC Hybrid Skating and has been the LA Kings' skating coach for the last half-year. His son (with Olympic medal-winning speed skater Bonnie Blair) Grant is still in Makos. That's him featured on the front page of DCHS.

Howdy,

2 hours ago, trtaylor said:

All those Mako fans may get their wish. At least something closer than Bauer or (maybe) CCM were going to provide.

OP asked for questions... This area is the main one I'm interested in.  I.e. reasonable price skates that are highly heat moldable ala Makos.

Mark

3 hours ago, trtaylor said:

Away from retail and product, but still working with pros. 

2 hours ago, rawkstar said:

How does step and the step holder fit into this?

I imagine so. They must of have known of Step and the plan for the holder in advanced. 

On November 22, 2016 at 11:46 AM, JR Boucicaut said:

TRUE Hockey has announced that they have finalized a deal to acquire VH Footwear. 

All of VH's staff, including Scott Van Horne, have been retained, as well as the manufacturing facility in Winnipeg. 

TRUE also plans to make a significant investment in the business in to people, facilities and R&D.

I have a call with them tomorrow.  If you have any questions, I can ask them; please post in this thread.

True Temper Sports Acquires VH Footwear - Nov 2016.pdf

Hey JR,

any updates that are shareable to the thread? Thx.

2 hours ago, BureKovy said:

Is there any updates?

Business as usual. From what I understand there will be no change at all to anything, besides VH having a bit more cash backing them now. Branding, etc. will remain.

12 hours ago, BureKovy said:

Is there any updates?

9 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Business as usual. From what I understand there will be no change at all to anything, besides VH having a bit more cash backing them now. Branding, etc. will remain.

Business as usual for now, once updates if any are ready to be shared we will circulate.

5 hours ago, BureKovy said:

Just wondering if there is going to be any benefit in waiting.  I've been waiting to pull the trigger.

Just some food for thought, some times when a company changes things it's not for the better. Vh already has a great product that they have refined down to some thing that is par in terms of fit and finish to the big brands, if not better. IMO now is as good a time as any to grab a pair. 

Also keep in mind the HDTV effect, where you wait and wait for the best deal, and then the moment you walk out of the store you see an ad for a better deal. 

17 hours ago, BureKovy said:

Just wondering if there is going to be any benefit in waiting.  I've been waiting to pull the trigger.

Now is a great time to buy as the custom aspect is a great benefit to all players and this will continue. We will still have the same features of the VH skate moving forward and any edits would more than likely be minor, so if you want to order now you can and feel good about it

12 hours ago, nicker87 said:

Just some food for thought, some times when a company changes things it's not for the better. Vh already has a great product that they have refined down to some thing that is par in terms of fit and finish to the big brands, if not better. IMO now is as good a time as any to grab a pair. 

As has been stated before, it is business as usual and we are letting Scott continue to drive the process with the skates. So it is not a matter of changing for the purpose of we purchased them and are bastardizing the product or process, so whenever someone wants to buy they can feel assured they will be getting the best custom skate for them.

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

Also keep in mind the HDTV effect, where you wait and wait for the best deal, and then the moment you walk out of the store you see an ad for a better deal. 

Being the skates are custom skates and we build for each player to fit their needs don't anticipate that VH skates will be on close out if there are minor edits of any kind as we won't need to move through inventory. Waiting won't present that opportunity for anyone.

2 hours ago, jdksaves said:

Being the skates are custom skates and we build for each player to fit their needs don't anticipate that VH skates will be on close out if there are minor edits of any kind as we won't need to move through inventory. Waiting won't present that opportunity for anyone.

That's not quite what I meant :) 

I mean there's no sense in waiting forever for "the next version" because there always be another version coming. 

6 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

That's not quite what I meant :) 

I mean there's no sense in waiting forever for "the next version" because there always be another version coming. 

Definitely agree! I got my skates two seasons ago when they had the screw in the top cap that rusts a bit and the first exposed tendon guard. They have since solved the screw and redone the tendon guard, those refinements have made it a skate that is on par or above the big names. 

2 hours ago, nicker87 said:

Definitely agree! I got my skates two seasons ago when they had the screw in the top cap that rusts a bit and the first exposed tendon guard. They have since solved the screw and redone the tendon guard, those refinements have made it a skate that is on par or above the big names. 

Absolutely. I wish I'd known about the upcoming cowling-less goalie skates before i bought mine, but had no way of knowing and have no regrets. Just means I know what my next pair of skates will be!

21 hours ago, jdksaves said:

As has been stated before, it is business as usual and we are letting Scott continue to drive the process with the skates. So it is not a matter of changing for the purpose of we purchased them and are bastardizing the product or process, so whenever someone wants to buy they can feel assured they will be getting the best custom skate for them.

I think you might have mistaken what I said. 

I wasn't at all meaning that now that True is on board they were gonna take the skate and make it what they think it should be.

I was just saying to the OP that what VH has now is a great product and now is as good a time to buy as any other. Things that may change down line some people may not like. This happens all the time with sticks, skates and a lot of other hockey products, they change the blade or kick point of a stick or the liner or tongue or whatever it may be that people may have loved in the original product. It's just product evolution, and I think it's become one of the best skates out there. 

2 hours ago, chippa13 said:

It is a custom skate, you have your choice of 2 liners and 3 tongues. They aren't selling a "retail" skate.

Who suggested they were?

On 2017-03-29 at 3:28 PM, chippa13 said:

It is a custom skate, you have your choice of 2 liners and 3 tongues. They aren't selling a "retail" skate.

Never said they were. 

All I was saying is they may change things down line and you may not be able to get what you can now. 

On 4/1/2017 at 6:11 AM, nicker87 said:

Never said they were. 

All I was saying is they may change things down line and you may not be able to get what you can now. 

Any changes made would be done by Scott and his team.  

I realize that over the last ten years where we have seen acquisitions of companies and subsequently shut down ( only to have that product live briefly on or certain patents borrowed to improve existing lines ).  

This is not the case here.  Scott and his team receives TRUE's support to do what he does on a larger scale.  

Any changes made would be done by Scott and for what he truly believes is better in terms of performance and options for the player.

2 hours ago, Zac911 said:

Any changes made would be done by Scott and his team.  

I realize that over the last ten years where we have seen acquisitions of companies and subsequently shut down ( only to have that product live briefly on or certain patents borrowed to improve existing lines ).  

This is not the case here.  Scott and his team receives TRUE's support to do what he does on a larger scale.  

Any changes made would be done by Scott and for what he truly believes is better in terms of performance and options for the player.

I agree but I think his point was that Scott isn't immune from making bad decisions. 

11 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I agree but I think his point was that Scott isn't immune from making bad decisions. 

Who is? :biggrin: