Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Right, and I'm not sure I'm willing to buy a pair of gloves that I don't like the fit of just to see if baking them will help ;)

Most stores do a bake after you've committed to the skate purchase.

what temp and for how long?

I went 5 minutes. Put them on, work them in, then take the fingers and fold them back towards the glove.

Had 10-12 guys using TPS HGT (precursor to R8/10) back in 2003 in LA by doing this. Weird how it has never caught on...

Learned from you, homeboy!

• Like 3

We would bake gloves for people that were on the fence about a purchase. IMO it replicates what the glove will feel like once it has broken in. Not perfect but pretty close.

Fair warning: don't bake gloves that someone has played in for any length of time, this goes for skates also. It amplifies any smell they have.

We would bake gloves for people that were on the fence about a purchase. IMO it replicates what the glove will feel like once it has broken in. Not perfect but pretty close.

Fair warning: don't bake gloves that someone has played in for any length of time, this goes for skates also. It amplifies any smell they have.

True.

But sometimes in the name of good CS, you don't really have a choice lol.

Thanks to reading some of the advice here for stripping lettering off jerseys...

Before

4l5qsuGl.jpg

uM66QCKl.jpg

3PXMRxal.jpg

After

ceW7GzJl.jpg

UxM3ihMl.jpg

Edited by CTB
  • Like 1

Just got these in the mail.. Have been looking for these gloves for a long time. Can't believe I got them R.I.P. 121c6bd7-a9c7-4e28-a213-ad0c60acbffa_zps5705c8c6-a602-4f10-a9a5-5892afd3e457_zps6f95747f-cb59-47ac-b808-0b173494bcc3_zpsa40ca81a-d5a3-49cd-9d87-8e4c1e130343_zpsbc65340d-eaaa-4495-ba3e-287299533ad1_zps03a8522f-d2a2-4634-b00f-e28fa0c952b2_zps98a19db6-f6b9-4dd2-a465-90e036696c66_zpscb55b28b-60b7-4341-9ac4-6628a3398a2d_zps

One of the nicest people I've had the pleasure of meeting. He would bring his kids to the rink I skate at and we'd chat about just regular stuff. Great gloves to remember an amazing guy.

• Like 2

Well looks like a bunch of posts were lost here... and I got new gloves again so I figured I'd post them!

Got these Simmons gloves a few weeks ago. I always hear people say amazing things about Simmons equipment so I figured I'd try them out and see if they are worth the hype.

First thing I noticed, considering the blocker is basically a clone of the Vaughn blocker, the quality and protection of the Simmons blocker is no where close to the Vaughn glove.

LpnHQAz.jpg

Just received these Vaughn gloves and figured I'd get a picture of my new CCM Extreme Flex Pro glove as well.

o2tJ5lD.jpg

(deleted picture)

Cool! How are the AX1's, specifically in the fit between the backhand and the thumb. It looks like some negative space has been removed there compared to the Franchise fit. And what pattern on the stick, W28?

Cool! How are the AX1's, specifically in the fit between the backhand and the thumb. It looks like some negative space has been removed there compared to the Franchise fit. And what pattern on the stick, W28?

Definitely a tighter fit than the Franchises. Still a good style four roll. I haven't used them on the ice yet but they feel great. The stick is W03 although I was really tempted to try the W28.

Just picked up these beauties last week. My first pair of Eagles! imagejpg1_zps0120fdaa.jpg7b386f5e-1d83-4359-b3ce-063ebd4d4526_zps

I just got a pair of Talon 90 as well. It is a strange tight fit when compared to my others (ppf 844), but the tight fit has grown on me. I think you will be chuffed with those.

• Like 1

It's wood. He's also dead, so 'used'.

Was this post a glitch in the server update problem?

Nah, not a glitch, you can see the date, April 2 2014--it was to photomatch with the MIA gloves that Penguin Fan 96 picked up, seen just above the photo of Demitra with the ONE60. And yeah, Demitra used wood for a long time, so Bauer did the best they could I guess, dressing his sticks as something people might recognize when they were shopping.

Edited by flip12

IIRC, the One60 was a catalogue product for Europe only.

Pretty sure I've seen the ONE60 wood stick at my LHS in Canada before. Same graphics as the one Naslund used. Never held Naslund's pro model but the retail version felt very light and balanced. I have one of Demitra's black/blue ONE60 wood sticks from his Canucks days and the thing is a brick.

My pick ups from this years sale,

9u34.jpg

- Flames retro premier jersey
- no name warrior franchise gloves
-Mikael Backlund warrior luxes gloves
- Juri Hudler warrior luxes retro gloves
- Roman Horak totalone nxg gloves
- Jake Virtanen ccm RBZ skates brand new
- Brian Mcgrattan white 20ks with (BIG ERN ) on the heels
- 6 flames hats
- Kris Russel bauer 4500 st louis helmet
- Mikka Kiprusoff Bauer Reactor blocker